Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion of new Forum

Options
  • 29-12-2003 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi Id like to recommend a new Forum under games for Xbox.

There have been increasing amounts of users on Xbox live, and I think appropriately an Xbox forum should be created for these users, at the moment all xbox queries are just going down Under games in games.

What do you guys think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

endorsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

No, not needed, fits into Games, and will probably be empty in days.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Here Giblet you could be right, Although Ive seen alot of xbox users online here with gamertags and quite alot of posts about xbox, aswell as theres a new fad Called Xbox Lanning coming around - And its here to stay. I reckon this should go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

as an xbox user i fully endorse this service and/or product!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

for normal xbox, theres no need. its been tried before [as far as i remember] and didnt work.

perhaps a online console board, but again just xbox isnt enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

No need. Tried before. Failed.

When will xbox weenies learn? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pointless, if you add an Xbox forum, you'll have to add a PS2 and GC forum, and that'll all but kill off any inter-platform discussion on the regular games board.

I'd heart the idea of an online-gaming for console forum though, but whether there's enough users to warrant it is another matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

no need for it.
    like advertising it.
    would look silly when it's no longer new and would lead to a proliferation of console forums possibly.

An online console Gaming forum would be nice then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Can he be mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think it's about time we did get one. A lot of us use the XBOX live service so it'd be good to arrange gaming online talking about releases etc. Only prob is having people like weemcd coming along saying - well I only play PS2 and PC so the XBOX version is rubbish. As long as we have strict controls over it I reckin it'd be good.

Also if you need a hand with me running it I'm available. I'm always on boards reading thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Yeah I think that would be the business and if the x-box forum isn't feasible then the online console gaming idea put forward above would definitely be a goer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

No need - how may times will some one come up with this idea before everyone gets the idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 XDC Ghost

There's a board for Irish Xbox users at http://forums.xbox.com/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=132.
    If you don't mind signing up for it.
    Which you're going to have to do for any new forum anyway.

Fine, less business for boards.ie - Take it elseware lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Meow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
    Fine, less business for boards.ie - Take it elseware lads.

Blue-Wing makes a very good point. Without countless empty forums boards would quickly run out of the cash that provides the Admins with all the cocaine and hookers that keep boards running.

I appeal to the Admins to create this forum. And while you're at it create one for each and every online gaming device, especially the Atari Jaguar.

(why is it if there's more than 2 vaguely similar threads in Games a thread usually appears in Feedback requesting a new forum? :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by amp
    (why is it if there's more than 2 vaguely similar threads in Games a thread usually appears in Feedback requesting a new forum? :o )

Because nobody likes you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Why do you need such a forum?

BTW any one want a big shiny toaster (forum)?

Originally posted by Skanger
    Because nobody likes you.

I believe Caboose said it best when he said:

ilikeme.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would like seperate forums for PC and Console games. Both are very different worlds!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by amp

ilikeme.jpg

Red Vs Blue, beautiful!!

Yeah, jesus_thats_gre, the X-box is completely different world to a PC. And first person shooters will never take off on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Originally posted by monument
    Why do you need such a forum?

BTW any one want a big shiny toaster (forum)?

Jesus yeah sign me up for that!

I didn't know anyone else was into it. I have the new six slice toaster from Krupps with the patented "Brown Control"device.

I also have a pre '79 Electrolux two slice toaster with optional one sided bun toasting option.

Toast Rules!

What is your favourite kind of bread to toast?

I like toasting wholemeal because sometimes the seeds pop when you're toasting it. Sweet! :cool:

That reminds me, anyone know where I could get a good deal on a 4 slice toaster? Our current one is great and all that but with the amount of toast I consume the extra waiting for the second batch to come up is becoming a bit of a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

If the toaster forum goes ahead, I'd quite like to see a new forum for toasted sandwich makers.
    I'm not really that gone on toast, but I'm quite partial to the odd ham and cheese toastie.
    I'd be delighted to mod the board too, if needed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Originally posted by amp
    That reminds me, anyone know where I could get a good deal on a 4 slice toaster? Our current one is great and all that but with the amount of toast I consume the extra waiting for the second batch to come up is becoming a bit of a chore.

Powercity was selling off great four slice toasters last friday, they might still have some. Their those untra wide ones go you can get bundee's into them with no hassle. Stainless steal with black plactic finish, looks good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

A consoles forum was discussed a while back. Got alot of positive feedback if I remember, but never appeared.

How about a console forum instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I don't know how the games forum works but couldn't you just say in the thread name what specific console you're talking about? Like, for example:

[XBOX] What are your favourite games?
    [PS2] What are your favourite games?
    [GC] Favourite games?

And if it's a general thread, just don't put any console in the title. Don't know if this is already in use or not, but it seems like a reasonable idea.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Skanger
    Powercity was selling off great four slice toasters last friday, they might still have some. Their those untra wide ones go you can get bundee's into them with no hassle. Stainless steal with black plactic finish, looks good too.

ooooo sounds like just the ticket for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement