Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP Solution

Options
  • 29-12-2003 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a solution to the following scenario:-

I work in two places, home and college. What I want to do is when I work on something at home i need to make sure I am working on the up-to-date version is college. I want a programme to upload all the files and sub folders from a folder on my home computer to a ftp space then when I am in college download them files and sub folders and vice a versa. The problem lies in the fact that on the college computer I can't install a programme because i don;t have permissions in any event I use different computers in college so even if i could i would have to install on them all. What i am looking for is a batch script or a single exe file that can accomplish this.

Anyone got an idea?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

cvs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

cvs?

Could you please elaborate.
    what is it? how does it work? Where can i find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fractal

CVS == concurrent versions system http://www.cvshome.org/

In a dumbed down way, it's used to keep track of changes in different versions of a set of files.. Tis used on big software projects all the time.

For what you're saying it sounds like it might be a bit of overkill..

If you have ftp access in college why dont you just do an "mget *" (but thats not recursive is it?) from the ftp site the files were on. _Or_ you just just use internet explorer.. Twill work just the same as copy and paste..

Advertisement