Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netscafe gaming nights fastest server in Dublin.

• 22-02-2000 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

We at netscafe are now proud to say that we are holding a gaming night this and every Friday night starting this week. How our gaming night is going to be better than others in our local area is because we have a 650 mhz server on a 256 k leased line that is over twice the speed of nethouses server in Rathmines no more Friday night ping on a game of Quake. We are also the largest internet cafe in Dublin with over 25 celeron 500 pcs and with a large collectsion of games. So We look forward to seeing you on Friday. U can chill with the big boys in the fast lane.
    Gaming night. We will be there all night will you.
    £10
    Server is a Dell poweredge 1300
    Netscafe gaming night organiser thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MarVin

*snigger* sunglasses.gif
    Ledz they have a large "collectsion" of games.....

Does any1 know if Nethouse has one of them? smile.gif
    MarV

If I woz any Cooler, I'd be GOD!!

[This message has been edited by MarVin (edited 22-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

What can I say...... smile.gif
    I'm so impressed by our competition.....
    tongue.gif
    All I can say to all of you is that I know that you all know wot it takes to make a kick ass gaming nite. I have been in Netscafe
    (undercover.. sunglasses.gifsmile.gif)and I can assure yis that
    they really are no better than us in any way.

We are the L33Test
    smile.gif

P.S. - when I woz ther their 'large games collestion' consisted of Q3 test....rofl!
    biggrin.gif
    "You will feel his presence upon you, when you are lying a pool of you're own blood, and when you do you will wish that you had never ventured where you had"

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 22-02-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Isnt it strange that a staff member of the competition moderates this board

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HHHHMMMMM, as a matter of intrest how much did that computer set you back, also how much RAM do you have, and is it a dual processor?? I'm just intrested.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

would this be abusing the board for advertising?

who cares - it's quake re-lated smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Its more like abusing the boards, plural.

he's posted to nearly every single one smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Netscafe

This message has been edited in the interests of removing eroneous posts.

[This message has been edited by Netscafe (edited 26-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shinedog

If you ask me i have played on there server if way kewl on Quake3. I ask the manager wheres the game collectsion he showed me it said he would have it all on the server before Thursday. Nethouse is ok but **** man the ping sucks also it is full of those

and is not an Irish owned company.
    I am going with my mates to netscafe.
    Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 24-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [Gd]mixu

Ok I am after going for a game of Quake 3 to netscafe. I used to use nethouse for a while on the Friday night gaming. I am sorry I have to say netscafe is a Dog at Quake 3. wonder What other games they will have. And for Nethouse not being Irish **** that cafes servers. It will be nice aswell to play Quake 3 with........

<snip> Thats enough of that!

There Will be no racisim here!

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 23-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Te-cno

****** to that **** see just the mice in netscafe ****ing high tec mad looking Priced at £65 pound each. Had a game of Quake on them kewl. Started giving the manager loads think he might get the new side winders. After talking to me that is.
    Later.

• Advertisement

We want to take you say on our internet cafe. What would you like added to make your stay more injoyable. I am sorry I am so good at Quake3 and will have the Frag each and ever one of you but thats life. By the way thanks about liking the mice not over the top I hope. Thinking about joy sticks what would you recomend. No need for Racism. 100% Irish owned by the way.
    Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Netscafe (edited 23-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well, I'm with the nethouse all the way, they are sponsoring the duel comp at TrinLan, they supported team.ie and Monty and Shadow are actually half interested in quake and the quake community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [Gd]mixu

I think you are mad I am getting the old gd clan back to gether to go. Nethouse are kewl I know but that Dell 1300 is calling me.
    Is Lordkann still around people.
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

"Chill with the big boys in the fast lane"

Sounds great.

JAK.

ps- Shinedog ... where have you been?
    Mixu ... Are you still playing for GD so?
    Te-cno ... Still writing for Hacking.com i see

This post has been edited in the interests of removing eroneous posts.

[This message has been edited by Netscafe (edited 26-02-2000).]

What is strange, is that the posts by Netscafe, shinedog, [gd]mixu and tec-no were posted today under the same IP address within minutes of each other and that none of the above(bar netscafe) have posted anywhere else.

hmmmm I wonder what that could mean!

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 23-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

It will be nice aswell to play Quake 3 with no Packy music in the Back ground.

that is fu(king disgusting. no packy music my fu(king a$$.

mixu, if you ever come out with that kind of racist sh1t again on these board i will hunt you down and that is not a joke.

and monty, you wrote exactly what i was thinking, three in a row supporting that kind of sh1te and i didn't even see the ip's

nothing wrong with advertising a new net cafe but any1 who comes along and does it like that should be told to fu(k off from these boards.

harVey

thanks monty

We wont be hearing any more comments like that again from Netscafe or his other allias's one way or the other!

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 24-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's a sad day for morons everywhere when a racist can't even spell properly - I believe it's 'Paki' not 'Packy'. Twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Monty, am I to surmise from your above post that netscafe's subnet has been blocked ?

No, but one more comment like that and it will be...

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

How to promote your Internet Cafe - the Netscafe method.

1. Act like a complete muppet, this way people will think u r k3w|.

2. Boast about Celeron 500's and your bottom of the range server.

3. Be racist, you only want pure bred aryan blood in your cafe.

3. Spel wurds rong n dont uz rite gramer
    r punktution

4. Slag off a competitor who is already well established and respected.

5. Use your |33t skilz to pretend that loads of people think your Internet Cafe iz wiked!

6. Say things like "U can chill with the big boys in the fast lane". (Tip: words like 'spect, yo' mamma and word get you double points).

7. Make sure your keyboards are waterproof - you never know when some annoyed boards.ie reader might pop in for a ****.

So there you are.

P.s Umm... who are these alledged "big boys" and why on earth would we want to chill with them?

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I say before the LAN on march 4th we go kick the door of netscafe down and break things

John

Only an opinion

I AM REALLY SORRY, OF COURSE I MEAN NETSCAFE, he that sounds like the coffee, LOL smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lump (edited 25-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lump (edited 27-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Oh it looks like our little friend has hax0rd Lumps' account and is posting more anti-N*t.house remarks.
    Unless of course he meant to say N***Cafe in which case /me slaps Lump around with a very large tampon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shinedog

The other nicks where my mates on line running though my proxy or wingate we have a sort of group that is why the ips are the same. my Father was Black and this is no joke i was Posting for netscafe I did not write racist ****. We are running a gaming night and we have set the syestems up to run faster than the other cybercafes to get people to come. Ok
    Thanks
    ps Mounty ever slag me again I will go to net house Pull your skinny head of you body then kill shadow for the fun of it. I wont be alone either.
    Big match to night lots of bookings see you there.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

christ but you are 1 kingsized fukwit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

haha AliG "Who wants to win an ounce"
    ...you just made yourself a quarter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'Mounty ever slag me again I will go to net house Pull your skinny head of you body' - lol yeah good one, promote your crappy caff whilst slagging the moderator of this board, that'll work.

I think it's safe to say that noone will be caught dead in Netscafe at this stage.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 25-02-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

<snip>
    There go all the derogatory comments I was gona make!
    :P

"You will feel his presence upon you, when you are lying a pool of you're own blood, and when you do you will wish that you had never ventured where you had"

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 25-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 25-02-2000).]

yo netscafe
    you're in a hole
    stop digging
    harVey

Your pushing your luck Shinedog, your either looking for trouble, or your just a dope. if so ask wally what happened to him

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 25-02-2000).]

And if you thought that I was slagging, I was giving you a warning. I dont care who you are, if you post anything like that again you can join wally and spunk club

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

And there's me thinking that this was all over.

Either the owner's getting great tax-benefits for hiring the mentally-retarded, or they just came cheap - missing a few chromasomes an'all.

Actually, Shinedog, if it really was your mates, and not those voices you keep hearing telling you to do nasty things - Why can none of you spell, construct anything resembling a sentence and end a lot of your posts (Here and in other sections) with a completely odd, out of the blue, shouldn't be there 'Yes'.
    Are you contagious, Shinedog?
    Should we be afraid of your splintered mind?

Anyway, moot point, the place would obviously be packed with the friends in Shinedog/Whoever's head. So who needs customers?

[This message has been edited by _CreeD_ (edited 26-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

As a gamer who has never been to either nethouse or "that other place", I have to say that seeing every gamer supporting nethouse makes it kinda obvious that they have a good setup.
    "that other place" however appears to have gotten Adolf Hitler and David Koresh's genetically modified to b extra stupid offspring to advertise for them.
    's all

One ring to rule them all, One ring to to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

Shinedog, if u or any other member of staff from nescafe, d'oh, netscafe, turn up to give monty and Shadow a beating i will be there to stop yis all singlehandedly. I might only be one and a half feet tall (i'm a dwarf every1, t'is true) but i can still ring the doorbell :P , hehe so beware. you've been warned by long john dingdong

also if u want every1 to know your real name and address so they can turn up at your house and ermmm eh be nice to u, then just keep talking. if ne1 else thinks im out of line then soz.

This is Commander in chief of the USS Esses, signing off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

does this mean theyll hold duel competitions that koopa wont be able to attend and rape us at? just a thought..... wink.gif

yes i am, the son of sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

hello there monty...I'm just wondering....are you a big guy?

tct

eek.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gwan the nethouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

By the way mixu is a mad H4X0r and very l33t mess with him and he will send you a e-mail rating you out of 10 on how likly it is that he will take you off the net haha still have that e-mail its v-funny.

And for my brothers sake his nicks tecno not Te-cno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol at the muppetry smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement