Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Problems

Options
  • 29-12-2003 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I had some problems with my pc a few weeks ago

1.The hard drive would click and then freeze, i thought it was that the drive reader was messed up but when i left it in to be fixed apparently it was something to do with the mobo.I had to reinstall an os the other day (went from windows me to windows 98) and drivers for the monitor and modem/what not didnt install, i'm gonna go download these drivers for each thing from sites but i'm a moron and could the mobo interfere with either drivers or installation of drivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by ronano

1.The hard drive would click and then freeze, i thought it was that the drive reader was messed up but when i left it in to be fixed apparently it was something to do with the mobo.I had to reinstall an os the other day (went from windows me to windows 98) and drivers for the monitor and modem/what not didnt install, i'm gonna go download these drivers for each thing from sites but i'm a moron and could the mobo interfere with either drivers or installation of drivers

Well short answer using the scant information you have provided; yes it *could* - but if it really was a mobo problem therefore h/w related there is really little you can do on the s/w side to improve things if the h/w is failing s/w can't perform miracles;).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by ronano
    1.The hard drive would click and then freeze

Could be the harddrive on its way out...

Advertisement