Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Men wear skirts?

• 29-12-2003 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I didnt know weather to put this in the humour section or here (no offence intended), but anyway...

The International Mens Fashion Freedom Network believes there is more to mens fashion than trousers. They are trying to get as much male followers as possible to help them in their fight for men to wear skirts.

Visit the site to discuss important issues such as "Are you supposed to wear underwear with a traditional kilt?" and "What effects does our breaking the rules (wearing skirts) have on society in general".

These guys on the site wear skirts and kilts to work and everywhere. Does anyone here wear skirts?

And do you think men should be allowed wear skirts?
    I for one am against it, i just find it disturbing.

Should men be allowed wear skirts 54 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 54 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Would we have to shave our legs too?

No one would want to see me in a skirt. Definitely not. People should be allowed to wear what they want, but I struggle to see how any male could look good or be comfortable in a skirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by bugler
    Would we have to shave our legs too?

No one would want to see me in a skirt. Definitely not. People should be allowed to wear what they want, but I struggle to see how any male could look good or be comfortable in a skirt.

Here here. :D

Plus, yes, scary! And waxing aint for me, sorry! :D NO matter how good I'd look in a 6 inch skirt! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The world is becomeing more ****ed up day after day :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Who exactly is not allowing men to wear skirts? Is it some kind of evil Zionist conspiracy?

Personally, I prefer trousers. They keep your legs warm, don't you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Wear shorts loike?

Who in God's name would want to see men's squishy hairy dangly bits?

• Advertisement

Women with a massively high sex drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

well, the thought of it is absolutely horrible, but who is to say what you can and cant wear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I didnt mean should they be allowed as in people give them permission. I mean should/would society looking upon it favorably and go along with it, or start protests against it. As in do you agree with it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well if somone wants to wear one i believe thats up to them and that we can wear what ever we want, but you won't catch me in one again any time soon :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Course they should be allowed - but what man would want to? They always looked like they'd make you feel bloody cold and then there's the shaving and no.... if people didn't care about it either way, I still can't see many men wearing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Any woman who wears trousers is a transvestite, and any woman who cuts her hair short is obviously a lesbian.

So eh, in answer to your question, yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Definitely not in this weather anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sure why not. bit cold and drafty for my liking though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i don't see any connection between wearing skirts and having to shave your legs for men, leave the hair alone i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Speaking as someone who has worn a kilt, i will testify to the comfort of such garmants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Sarky
    Personally, I prefer trousers. They keep your legs warm, don't you know.

So do I! So do most women as far as I can see. I only wear skirts on a night out when it is required to show a little bit of skin! :D
    I can't say it would appeal to me if lads started to wear skirts, in my eyes a guys masculinity would be questioned if he wore a skirt. If I want to see lads legs in public I'll go to a nice muddy rugby match..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've worn something quite similar to what David Beckham is wearing in this gallery here: http://www.imff.net/php/gallery/album28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

should men be allowed to wear skirts ?

sure women dont even wear them anymore, you'll have a long day ahead of u if you try and find a bit of leg in the daylight hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

no offence here but those of you who voted yes need a slaping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

should men be aloud to were skirts answer: only if thier scotish and its partly to do with some traditional or festive thing. I dont mean tranfestive :p

• Advertisement

Ba-Dum Tzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Brass monkeys!, but whatever turns you on, Eh?...

P.:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

no offence here but those of you who voted yes need a slaping

why exactly is that?
    at least explain why guys shouldn't be allowed (not saying they should actually wear them, cos skirts are impractical)

its an item of clothing and just because its unconventional you act like theres something horribly wrong with it?

i wore a skirt to school on a no uniform day once as a joke. most people saw the humour, i got a round of applause. but the scumbag portion were seriously put off by it. eg: "what the **** are you doing, why the **** are you wearing a ****ing skirt?"
    then the principal told me i couldn't dress like that and sent me home...

i much prefer trousers and probably wouldn't wear a skirt (often) if half the guys in the world started but i don't see why people should react like theres something horribly wrong with it... its.. like trousers but less sewn together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

People can wear what they want. I can't imagine myself ever wearing one unless it was some kilt occasion thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

after seeing an exhibit entitled Men in Skirts at a museum, i have come to the conclusion that no. they should not wear skirts. they can if they want, i'm certainly not going to stop them, but...no. that's my vote.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I won't stop any man wearing a skirt, I just won't talk to or associate with him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hay if you wana wear one them I suppose, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

kilts are socially acceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    I won't stop any man wearing a skirt, I just won't talk to or associate with him.

i would also point and laugh... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

The should be allowed to if they're dumb enough to want to: People will just call them gay unless they're Scottish.
    Why would people want to make things harder for themselves, by wearing a skirt and having people point, laugh, and call them "fags"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by herbie747
    People will just call them gay unless they're Scottish.
    Why would people want to make things harder for themselves, by wearing a skirt and having people point, laugh, and call them "fags"?
    Why would people want to do this? Maybe it's because not everyone thinks the same as you and has the same opinions that you do. You'll realise this when you grow up.

Oh yeah, cross dressers (of any variety) are, by and large, straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    Why would people want to do this? Maybe it's because not everyone thinks the same as you and has the same opinions that you do. You'll realise this when you grow up.

Oh yeah, cross dressers (of any variety) are, by and large, straight.

Whatever you're into.

BTW: I NEVER said that's what I would do (point & laugh), but you can't seriously tell me that a man in a skirt (not a kilt) wouldn't get laughed at walking through Dublin City?? Yeah, I can just imagine Shaymo and Damo saying "Hey, that gentleman in the skirt looks quite cool; let's not slag him- more power to him".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

Yesssssss , men should wear skirts .......short ones , in high wind , with nothing under ...... and bend over lots :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Men would have no time for the requisite grooming requirements needed for wearing such things, skittish. God knows what you'd see....and it wouldn't be nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    well if somone wants to wear one i believe thats up to them and that we can wear what ever we want, but you won't catch me in one again any time soon :)

Am I the only one who's curious about this story? Or am I the only one who noticed this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Somehow if I saw a guy wearing a short skirt up to his ass, I'd be a bit horrified! Whatever about the "should men wear skirts" question, if ye boys did start wearing skirts, what kind of shoes could ye possibly wear with it! A pair of slinky sandals or thigh-high boots?!!! lol :)

But I give a very enthusiastic thumbs up to any guy who wears a kilt! Oh and who's also playing a set of bagpipes, then again, that'd be more of a Scottish thing!!

There was a bagpipes busker on Shop street in Galway this year. He wore a kilt. Although just before I went home for Christmas I noticed he was wearing trousers. Too cold for him, I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Imagine getting a boner whilst wearing a skirt. *shakes head* No. No, 3/4 length pants are stupid enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Originally posted by Kold
    Imagine getting a boner whilst wearing a skirt. *shakes head* No. No, 3/4 length pants are stupid enough

hahahaha, isn't it great that us women don't have that problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Ok, I'll agree there (from scottish experience). its remarkably easy to piss in a kilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Votes are close! 40% - 60%, with the majority sticking with no. Im so excited i think i'll piss in my kilt (as oppose to my pance).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Erm, I don't think so.

My life is simple. I buy a pair of jeans, and suddenly I own 5 pairs all exactly the same. A few years later, I discover a new pair, and the cycle continues.

Imagine going into a shop to buy a new skirt, and instead of a functional pair of jeans, you have to decide between the likes of (reference: RiverIsland.com) - floaty skirt, french crepe ra ra, pencil skirt, jersey bat skirt, grainy skirt. That's a mind fooker, not to mention having to force your other half to lie when you question the size of your posterior in your new french crepe ra ra.

Of course maybe if they masculinised the names I'd warm to the idea - rugged terminator destroyer man skirt XL3c :D.

D.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Men shouldn't wear skirts like these
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132527
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Neither should women. Or monkeys for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ColinM
    Any woman who wears trousers is a transvestite, and any woman who cuts her hair short is obviously a lesbian.
    :D
    It's probably easier for women transvestites all right, no one gives them a second glance as they can't tell.

Who gives a crap if men start wearing skirts? For the er, outraged, apart from affecting your inner pink self, can you offer any reasons why they shouldn't be allowed to? I wouldn't myself but that's because I prefer pants to skirts (wore a kilt once and found it pretty cold, wore a toga once and found it pretty dangerous) and obviously prefer running around in the nip to either of the above. Don't worry, I'm currently wearing pants AND underwear AND a teeshirt AND a shirt (socks and shoes as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by dazberry
    Of course maybe if they masculinised the names I'd warm to the idea - rugged terminator destroyer man skirt XL3c :D.

What man wouldn't wear something with that name!?

Seriously though, having spent quite a bit of time in London, a bloke in a skirt is the least 'odd' thing you'd see.

But we live in a world where kids with tracksuits, rat-tail haircuts, and caps at a 90degree angle... I'd consider seeing blokes wearing skirts a breath of fresh air... And I think they'd find it quite brisk also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hipshake

i can not see a reason why not.. Women can flaunt why shouldnt we. Some ladies would say that there are men out there with great legs...

if it cought on i'ld tag along... and whether you keep you legs hairy or not is up to you.

this fashion is starting to take hold!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Dont see anything wrong with it. I wouldnt wear a skirt personally but I dont see any harm in it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

passive wrote:
    why exactly is that?
    at least explain why guys shouldn't be allowed (not saying they should actually wear them, cos skirts are impractical)

its an item of clothing and just because its unconventional you act like theres something horribly wrong with it?

i wore a skirt to school on a no uniform day once as a joke. most people saw the humour, i got a round of applause. but the scumbag portion were seriously put off by it. eg: "what the **** are you doing, why the **** are you wearing a ****ing skirt?"
    then the principal told me i couldn't dress like that and sent me home...

Hahaha i remember that .... i think i do you go to saint aidans cause you look very fimiliar

• Advertisement
Advertisement