Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saints vs. Arsenal (Scores included)

• 29-12-2003 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Another good 1-0 win for the Gunners, and another handbags incident at the end again, which will no doubt be blown out of all proportion by the press tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the "Lehmann should be jailed" calls..

Pires was deservedly man of the match, but what was the big joke in the press conference? Very strange. Gordon Strachen was good for a laugh, as usual.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by mr_angry
    but what was the big joke in the press conference? Very strange. Gordon Strachen was good for a laugh, as usual.

tell me more i missed the post match stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

phillips stamping on lehmann was shurly worse.....

Nothing said about it though cos of his crest.......

Oh and pires and henry laughing at the end was great:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    tell me more i missed the post match stuff

Pires and Henry were laughing. The theory is that Pires knows much more English than he lets on, and he just pretends to be helpless in interviews. I dunno. Something like that.

Gordon Strachan said that his players had "the smell of fear in their nostrils", and that he'd never seen anything like it before. He went on to suggest they were all a bunch of losers. He was in a very supportive mood, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He went on to suggest they were all a bunch of losers. He was in a very supportive mood, obviously.

he is a funny man at interview time though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

and another handbags incident at the end again, which will no doubt be blown out of all proportion by the press tomorrow. I'm

Do you ever wonder why it is just Arsenal who are always involved in these handbag incidents. Every fookin week there is another headline involving that squad. If the team just just keep there mouth shut, no one would have anything to say or exadurate.

If it keeps happening, it is going to get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

it's not really just aresnal, it's just when they do anything the media has a field day. Remember the blackburn match a few months ago ( a week or so after the old trafford scuffle), nothing was said about it and it was far worse.

lehmann has to face the FA now. What a fool

link here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

The incident has been reported - not Lehman - both deserve to be punished.

Severity depends on if it is classed as violent conduct - if it is then its 3 matches.(same as if he was sent off for it)

Throwing the ball at another player... He really should have more cop on than that. Its not really a big deal on its own, but there is a new incident every other week. Wenger really need to put his foot down or suspensions are gonna cost him big again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

IMO it was just another manifestation of the enormous pressure the gunners are under this season. Taken on its own this incident was relatively trivial but when you consider the other incidents of indiscipline from them it does indicate they have serious problems with discipline. As the season progresses I can only see things getting worse and believe the will have further problems this season. The pressure is understandable considering they are unbeaten in the league but are still not in pole position. Wenger will have to teach them to control their aggression or they are liable to self destruct as the pressure mounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by The Muppet
    IMO it was just another manifestation of the enormous pressure the gunners are under this season.

yeh... that or they're just a bunch of thugs... hmmmm :rolleyes:

IMO it was just another manifestation of the enormous pressure the gunners are under this season. Taken on its own this incident was relatively trivial but when you consider the other incidents of indiscipline from them it does indicate they have serious problems with discipline. As the season progresses I can only see things getting worse and believe the will have further problems this season. The pressure is understandable considering they are unbeaten in the league but are still not in pole position. Wenger will have to teach them to control their aggression or they are liable to self destruct as the pressure mounts.

Stop agreeing with me ya scumbag!!!!! I dont think they have any problems at all now :)

Stop agreeing with me ya scumbag!!!!! I dont think they have any problems at all now

Thats more like it. Must say I was surprised by your post as its so unlike you to be right.

Anyway did you not read my orders to be nice to people at christmas.
    Roll On Friday.:D

Thats more like it. Must say I was surprised by your post as its so unlike you to be right.

Thats it, I am telling Mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Amazing how Strachan doesn't mention the 'incident' much or even at all, yet Ferguson would be up at arms. shows just how much of a fuker he and most of ye fans are towards arsenal and anyone else for that matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

IMO it was just another manifestation of the enormous pressure the gunners are under this season.

what pressure most people ruled out arsenal this season altoghter while in fact their the only english team unbeaten not bad eh!?

this is another storm in a tea cup

all i can say is remember blackburn!!??

nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

discipline problem??
    Last I heard we were about second in the fair play league. Apart from the Old Traffor nonsense, I think Cole and Campbell were the only othe rplayers to get sent off this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Being unbeaten is no big achievement if you don't win the games either though. Arsenal lost twice last season that was less than anyone and still finished runners-up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Arsenal lost twice last season that was less than anyone and still finished runners-up.

eh think aresnal lost 5 times last season!

your thinking of for the whole of 2003 not the season!?

everton
    blackburn twice
    man u
    leeds

too many draws cost arsenal the league last year worringly it could happen again!?

• Advertisement

what pressure most people ruled out arsenal this season altogether while in fact their the only English team unbeaten not bad eh!?

I didn,t see anyone rule them out all together. True its a good record to go unbeaten for so long, shame for them its still not enough to put them top of the table eh?:D
    discipline problem??
    Unfortunately thats a typical Arsenal view and as you have to recognise you have a problem before you can rectify it. That attitude indicates they will have further trouble ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah sorry Jank, damn Sky Sports confusing me again with their stats :)

But even so two defeats in the second half of the season was still very low considering they were already on top with a points advantage at this stage.

Even now Arsenal have drawn something like 8 games which is too many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

To many draws for Arsenal so far this season,it does'nt matter that there unbeaten cause United have lost games but are still on top

Advertisement