Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

half way through the season!?

• 30-12-2003 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

so what do people think so far of the league

the pool have been off the pace all along
    fulham and charlton have been surprise packages while the top three have continued to storm ahead with arsenal still unbeaten but utd a point ahead,
    a long way to go yet though

ps
    appologies for the spelling had too much xmas pud:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

well we're top!!!!. Signed Huckerby, McKenzie (GOD!!!) and Svensson. Beat Ipsh1t the scum of England at Portaloo Road thanks to McKenzie and this is the best season since we beat Bayern Munich in Europe. Things can only get better.

p.s. some division 1 supporters here.

E-I E-I E-I Oh Up the football league we go!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ipswich are far from the scum of england, I got a tour of Portman Road and Nowich's ground when I was about 12 and Ipswich was by far much nicer, although Efan Ekoko (spelling?) was very frinedly.

Anyway Villa started shiity as expected but luckily the middle is so close 3 wins could have us 4th, having said that 3 losses could have us 3rd from bottom.

But we'r hading into the new year in top form with Angel looking top class.

Villa to win the Carling cup and finish 6th or 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

While the middle 14 are still fairly close, I believe that as the season draws to a close, it will not be as close. Some of the teams that are doing very well at the moment will be begin to fade due to small squads and some of the bigger teams like Liverpool, Newcastle and Blackburn will keep going as they are and open up a bit of a gap.

Anyone remember Everton and Southampton last season? They gradually slipped back down from 4th and 5th and this will happen again with at least one out of Fulham, Charlton and Southhampton. These teams deserve to be where they are right now, but they will slip back.

I firmly believe that goal difference is a firm indicator of how a club is doing. A club that is sittting high up the league and have a negative goal difference, will not finish there. The league table in the link below really does confirm this. It sounds simple but you will notice how they are clumped together based on goal difference at the end of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    While the middle 14 are still fairly close, I believe that as the season draws to a close, it will not be as close. Some of the teams that are doing very well at the moment will be begin to fade due to small squads and some of the bigger teams like Liverpool, Newcastle and Blackburn will keep going as they are and open up a bit of a gap.

Blackburn???

Don't think so mate lost Ferguson for the rest of the season now and they aint got much to come in, sold Dunn and Duff and never really replaced them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ohh how i hate that club just like Villa supporters hate Brummie supporters. As for premiership I think that depending on how some clubs fare out in the transfer window, that might make or break their season. I'm figuring Houllier out by end of season or just after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by irish1
    Blackburn???

Don't think so mate lost Ferguson for the rest of the season now and they aint got much to come in, sold Dunn and Duff and never really replaced them.

Yeah Blackburn. They dont have Dunn or Duff, they do have Tugay and Emerson though. They have a good front line and seem to be sorting defence out. Wait and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wolves to er...maybe...if the wind is in the right direction! :ninja:

Liverpool to somehow finish 4th as the sick and injured return.

Mike.

Advertisement