Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner don't work no more?

• 30-12-2003 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

This has never really bothered me enough to post but then I saw a scanner sale in thread in the bargains forum.

I have a parallel scanner that worked perfectly well until I installed winXP, I also know people who have had to stop using their before they installed xp. Is there a leet way to get it working without installing win98 on another partition or something? I did try going to visioneers website to get the latest software but it didn't work.

Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

emm.... have you tried getting the win2k/xp drivers for it? not the software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I don't think they do drivers alone, I haven't looked in a while, the last time I tried to download the software it came as a 30meg package, I assumed everything was in there. After talking to one or 2 'techy' people about it they had given up on theirs, I thought there might still be some hope. I'll take another look on the site though.

edit
    I've had a look on the website and I quote "In spite of our best efforts, major changes in the underlying architecture of Windows XP make it impossible to write new drivers for many of our older model scanners."

from
    http://www.visioneer.com/support/flatbed/3000osinfo.asp

I don't take this lying down however and still remain a little hopeful.

If all else fails I guess I'll install it on win98, but that's giving in : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

try to trick your os and use the nt drivers. You never know, there might be a slim chance that they will work, but I somehow doubt it, can't hurt that much to try. Searched for 2k/xp drivers, they don't exist and probably never will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

won't work. that way a least now you have a reason the buy something for yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Had exactly the same problem with my parallel HP3200 scanner when upgrading to xp in early 2001. HP confirmed on their website they would NOT provide xp drivers.

After doing a lot of online searching, I found that by using drivers for a completely different make scanner I had never heard of, it did work :)

Happy googling m8 ;)
    Originally posted by BoB_BoT
    try to trick your os and use the nt drivers. You never know, there might be a slim chance that they will work, but I somehow doubt it, can't hurt that much to try. Searched for 2k/xp drivers, they don't exist and probably never will.

That didn't work for me, but do try. As BoB_BoT says it can't hurt

Third and crude solution that WILL work: create a very small partition on your HD (say 2GB) and install W2K pro to dual boot with xp. Use scanner within your W2K installation and save scanned images on shared NTFS partition

• Advertisement
Advertisement