Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backlight Replacement For LCD monitor

• 30-12-2003 3:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have an AOC LM-500 monitor.
    The backlight is not functioning [opened back panel, and all connectors seem to be ok], so im guessing the light itself is at fault [blown or otherwise].
    I've tried dealing with AOC, and all they offer is send back to them for repair - but they require receipts etc - which I don't have, so that's not an option.
    I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a place where I can get a new backlight for the monitor ?

Or is only opion at this point selling it to someone for spare parts heh.

Regards,

Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Excellent, Thank You! :)

Let us know how it turns out in case any of us ever need it.

They charge 45 Diagnostic Fee [i.e. see whats wrong]
    If you choose to get whatever is wrong fixed, diagnostic fee is waived.
    To get a backlight fixed/replaced costs ~150

/me reckons will leave LCD Screen gather some more dust & add to the ambient setting of other random bits of hardware for just a while longer...

The 150 includes the 45 I assume?

• Advertisement

Well, if choose to get LCD Screen repaired with them, they don't charge the 45 - only to make sure ye dont waste their time.

Originally posted by Sinnocence
    Well, if choose to get LCD Screen repaired with them, they don't charge the 45 - only to make sure ye dont waste their time.

Thats seems fair.

Advertisement