Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Do I Get Email Notification.....

Options
  • 30-12-2003 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hello, just a query if I may?

WHy do I still get email notification of replies to a thread I have posted to even though I have "EMAIL NOTIFICATION OF REPLIES" default in my user cp turned OFF?

This is ONLY happening with a Rock/Metal thread called "WHAT METAL SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO NOW". This is going on for three months now ............. some days I can have anything up to ten email notifications sitting in my in-box and I'm getting truly sick of it :mad:

I have marked these emails as spam in my webmail (Yahoo) inbox which seems to be the only way to block these notifications. But I don't like doing this ....... marking boards.ie messages as "spam".

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what may be causing this or possibly how I can correct the bug?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Regards,
    Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Because you've subscribed to the thread?

Can you unsubscribe and see if that makes them go away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

If that doesn't work I'd say this is best taken up with Admin/Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Many thanks to you zenith and to you too, Puck, for your kind and considerate help in this matter.

Following your advice, I have unsuscribed to Rock/Metal forum in cp and disabled Yahoo's SpamGuard(tm). Time will tell if this produces the desired result. Will probably have to wait a couple of days (quiet seasonal period) for an analysis.

Many thanks, again.

Advertisement