Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Not working!

Options
  • 30-12-2003 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi
    I formatted my disk and upgraded to winXP pro, now none of my games will work! I go to open them and the comp reads the cd but then does nothing, I can see the program in the task manager, but it has 0% CPU usage, thats with GTA Vice City, and with simpsons road rage it opens a window but again does nothing, it can been seen as not responding under in the task manager.
    I have updated the driver for my graphics card so it shouldn;t be that!

So any ideas?!?!?

I'm getting frustrated without my games!:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

I have the same problem, played Call of duty and max Payne 2 perfectly. wouldn't allow Vice city or other slightly older games start, that's using the latest drivers.
    I have a ti4200, so using latest drivers has feck all benifet for me.
    I then installed 45.23 drivers, which allowed me play the new Turtles game and Elite forces 2. Vice city though wouldn't work till I installed 30.82.....

Thinking I now had it sorted, I tried Armed and Dangerous...... graphics are all messed up on it. I'll have to update slightly I suppose till I find the most suitable driver for me.

I might also format C drive, and only install an early version of SP1, and only Directx 8, seen as my card hasn't a clue what Directx 9 is.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Did you install direct X?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Yeah i installed Direct X.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

what version of directx?

check the error logs to see if there's any errors when the programs are running.

get a cracked no-cd exe file for the games from megagames.com as maybe it's a problem reading from the cd's?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I think it is Direct X 9, it would be what ever is on Vice City.

• Advertisement
Advertisement