Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialing on startup

Options
  • 30-12-2003 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Can windows dial the dsl connection on startup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by Fabre
    Can windows dial the dsl connection on startup?

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

:)

how?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

couple of things you could try

1. set it as the default connection, set IE to "always dial my default connection" and have some internet program run at startup.

2. Try sticking a shortcut to the connection in your startup folder

hum... I don't use IE and I already tried putting a shortcut in the startup, didn't work.
    I think it didn't work because it tried to connect before the ADSL becomes available (iol bt modem & driver)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

what browser do you use?
    They mostly have similiar options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Create a shortcut with the following command line:
    rasdial "Connection name" username password
    and put it into the Startup folder in Start|Programs
    ;)
    (AFAIR, this also works in Win98, it works in Win2k)

It is what it's.

oneweb is it possible to put a delay? otherwise it wants to dial before the adsl connection is available.

for now I have install ADSL autoconnect

Originally posted by Fabre
    oneweb is it possible to put a delay? otherwise it wants to dial before the adsl connection is available.

for now I have install ADSL autoconnect
    That I don't know, soz :dunno:

[Edit]
    Unless you put the command line into a batch file under a time-delay program command (try Googling for an app that'll delay)

for eg. in connect.bat in Startup:

delay.exe
    rasdial "Connection...

[Edit 2]
    Download this, and this (right-click, save as), edit the connect.txt file to fill in your connection details (delete either line as appropriate), rename to delayexec.jpg.old to delayexec.exe and connect.txt to connect.bat, put delayexec into the windows or winnt folder and connect.bat into the startup folder.

:)

It is what it's.

Thanks a million for the help oneweb, this should work fine.

For now I realized that for some reasons the items I put in startup folder, well, doesn't start...

Had a look in msconfig but everythings looks alright.

/Edit

found out that shorcut needed to be in the all users startup folder, when I pasted it in staight in the menu it putted it in admin startup folder.

the bat works fine thanks again oneweb.

Glad to be of assistance :)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement