Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks 4pels

Options
  • 30-01-2000 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Thanks 4pels for being UNSPORTSMANLIKE.
    Due to UL internet connection going down only 2 of Clan Hurlin could play our Q3L match today.
    Now the rules clearly state that at least 3 members of the clan must be available to play so the q3l lads - Jedi and Mindphuck told us that 4pels would have to agree on a postponement or else they would get a walkover.
    Since 2 of our lads went all the way from Waterford and Dublin just to play in the match our commitment to the league is obvious but 4pels "bein gh3y" decided that they wouldnt postpone and would rather take a walkover.
    Lads quake3 is a game. The whole point of it is to play the game not be ****in wimps and take a walkover when you get half a chance.
    Be real men and play the game later this week( at a time thats suitable to ye )

Overlord- Clan Hurlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Hi Ol,
    you got a problem with the rules, you shouldnt have joined league, We lost ppl who were ment to be playing in ul today as well. But we fielded a team. We're in ukcl, have friendlies, qw, q3, ca and we have only so many times when we can field teams. I've no intention of reschedueling, through no fault of ours, and ending up playing without some of our best players. **** off mate smile.gif
    Quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I know I probally shouldn't get involved here...but I must point out it is infact a game....:/

Ok, very intelligant and originally post there.
    its a league, ie ment to be competetive. Football is a game, but ppl tend to take the leagues seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Well Quozl,
    I think you misread the post..
    "Be real men and play the game later this week( at a time thats suitable to ye )."

expecially - note the text between the brackets

So theres no way you guys can be at a disadvantage since you name the time.
    Dont hide behind rules. We see you and your all afraid smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if u can't get a team out, u default. thats the rules, its unfortunate, thats life and it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well, CM told us they wouldn't be able to field a team this week and we agreed to play em again when they could field a full team (or maybe even at the nethouse sometime.

I suppose its up to the teams involved but in my opinion the sporting thing to do is to replay the game.

But my opinion counts for nothing in this situation and 4p are entitled to take the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Overlord i c your point but in fairness if u had players and they had only 2 u woulda taken the points to

It's a moral question alright.
    Some people do what they feel is right, some people do as others tell them.
    If it was the other way around I woulda postponed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

aww mommy they aint playing fair?

tarts are tarts but to have to post on this board moaning like a woman tis terrible

haha tis only a game. Dont get all upset over me gettin upset and moanin about me moanin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

4P are the most unserious bunch of wannabe good quake players around.
    we jump at chances to get free points
    so in the great words of Homer Simpson..
    "yoink"

el_pres you were given a weeks notice
    we were given 30 mins
    difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Sorry quz...if i had known ye were on such a tight schedule I never would have suggested it. Now that the tone of the comp has been set we can all move on.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm only posting my opinion because the CM and PS postponement has be brought into it.

PS were given plenty of warning and I politely informed them we couldnt play and arranged a postponement. Everything was friendly and polite as it should have been.
    If there had been any attempt to get a walkover from CM it would have been a different story. 3-4 days notice is plenty and I informed PS and discussed it with them because its the gentlemanly thing to do.

There was no question in my mind that PS were going to get a walkover and to be absolutely fair to PS they never once broached the subject, to their credit.

Like OL we have offered them a rematch at their convienence and Chaos has some good ideas about a possible lan game. Everything is hoopy.

4P are within their rights to take a walkover because they were left standing with 30 mins notice. Fair enough.

There is a world of a difference between being within your right vis a vis the rules and "sportsmanlike conduct".

We will all suffer connection problems during this league, so the phrase for the day should be "Do onto others as you would have them do to you."

I suggest that all future 4P opponents stick RIGIDLY to the rules.

As far as I am concerned, if 4P are one second outside the alloted time and grace period, I'll take the win and I suggest all other clans in their division do the same.

Hypocritical? No, When it comes to playing Hurling, we'll be sportmanlike, but by taking this win 4P are saying they want to play hardball, so hardball it is.

Good luck lads, I hope it stays well for you.

DeV.
    (I'm in my sisters house trying to catch up on results before you ask why I'm not playing today)

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Blood and Iron...dayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I'm disappointed. A result would have been nice, no matter what way it went. It's a pity UL went down. Can we please reschedule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Agreed Dev.

No rescheduling Daire......the points are gone. Matter closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

hmmm. my first chance of getting back on the network here in UL. i vote that we have a replay. this walkover was nothing to do with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

a walkover shouldent have been an option in this case, as far as i know a clan has a right to one if the other clan doesent show - this wasnt a case of a team not showing, it was a case of a team being deprived of an internet connection.......surely common sense will prevail? jedi? mp?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 samresh

hmm

i agree with damo. we here in UL had no idea the connection wasn't going to be up. as the lads said, they came all the way down for the game. i was looking forward to a good game, so i guess i'll just have to wait now until the rematch.

well ere wanna hear what i heard, riot, i eard hes a fag righ, see him, hes a bit queer, he takes it up the hole fairly regular righ, tha's waht i 'eard

hmmm

as i was saying, i completely agree with anyone who suggests a rematch, also at this time i would like to take the opportunity to threaten kali (fat-ken) with grievous bodily harm (for no reason in particular), also i would make a similar threat to quozl"the fuucky chicken" but i hear hes a bit queer so i mightn't

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

[This message has been edited by Sonic (edited 31-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 The Rock

I was not there for the game yesterday and it is just a game.I joined 4P to play Q3 not
    to walk over.If the clan is going to be like this i will look for another clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

These are the posts we're looking for. So Tarzan and The Rock want a rematch/reschedule. An admin surely has to make the right decision here, comon Jedi/MP "Do the right tang"

Jimmy...

why the **** is such a fuss being made over this?
    about a sixth of all uk matchs i'd bet are defaults.
    this is just pointless squabblin.
    clans should get more members if they dont want to default.
    i dont care that two ppl went down to limerick to play.
    damo and sam are both brilliant players anyway and probably would have come top playin on modem anyway.
    thats all im sayin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Granted the rules are the rules but thats fukkin pathetic. Nice way to set the tone of the league, by taking a walkover after two guys travelling across the country for the game.
    Whether ure entitled to take the points or not, it shows how sad you are when you do. Even at the first iqcl when Inc and nD were at each others throats, we lost the UL connect, and MP and the guys postponed it even though they needed the points.
    That's the whole spirit of the game, a bit of fun, a bit of competition, but sure I suppose newbies like yourself Quozl aren't around long enough or good enough to go like that, you just have to grab your few points while u can.
    Leave em off Dave, like Dev said, just hope that they have their full team if they meet Se7en coz we'll eat them for breakfast.

Zero.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 31-01-2000).]

Advertisement