Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks 4pels

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Forget the UK. Wouldn't it be nice Kali, eh? Wouldn't it be nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dozzo

Ummm the admins gave us the points on the day, so is it u to the admins? Don't think Quozl will change his mind but on the day i didn't know what we should have done. Part of me was saying lets play another time but the other half was saying "take the points". I've heard H r a good clan so in that case it would be better for 4P to take the points as we want to do well in this cup. But and this is a big "BUT" the whole point of playing multiplayer games is too injoy urself and if u aint gonna play a match that can easily be replayed then whats the fun in that. Plese don't kill me Quozl, just wanted to give my oppinion sad.gif I also wanted to play a 2v3 but the rules say that aint possible which i disagree with. Oh and if we do have a reply don't goto ul, might be a curse on one of yah smile.gif

Oh who are u "The Rock" anyway and when did he join 4P?

[This message has been edited by Dozzo (edited 01-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Old Ser

Ummmmmmmmm............yes, ok, realy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well done.this new q3 league has actually not even manged one day without falling into a freak show catagory.

tis down to the admins interpritation of the rules.
    let them decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ok, heres my thoughts.

A couple of years ago, INC and ND had a similar situation, UL went down. This was a royal pain the ass for us, as we went out of the way and arranged all our players and sorted to get into the Tinet Offices (heh) which was not easy.

By the rights of the rules, it was in our right to demand a walkover. We were screwed for points and a win would have secured our place in the finals, but we didnt bother.

UL going down is like an earthquake, when it happens, theres fvckall use screaming about it. Theres nofhing you can do to stop it.

You see, tt goes both ways, 4pels can say 'ahh right, its ok lads, its not your fault. Its not like you Hurlin lads made the connection go down on purpose just to p1ss us off'

And on the other hand, Hurlin can shut up and accept that earthquake and stop b1tchin at 4p for their decision.

From an admins pov: "the rules are the rules" - unquote. At this present time, the walkover stands.

I dont think the rules were to be interpreted as 'if Limerick was hit by a nuclear weapon and kills 1 half of the team the oppisition should get a walkover'. But thats the rules. Jedi has the final say on this one.

From a non-admin pov: you 4P lads should remember that you'll probably have/will meet the Hurling lads in real life sometime. Some of them have/could be/are the nearest things youll get to friends in the 3d world. Their all sound chaps.

Im damn sure one or all of them have helped you out at sometime or another. So, no need to sh1t on them from above, give them a break and give them a rematch.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 01-02-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Dozzo

Ser whats this supposed to mean"Ummmmmmmmm............yes, ok, realy?"
    You got some kind of a problem?
    Or do u like sending pointless messages like this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 samresh

oiiii faanncceeyyyyy youuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

4P are a competitive side looking to do well and it seems that ye are all out to win this league, which if fair enough and quite the way it should be. But,(hypothetically speaking) if you were to go on to win the league, or even qualify from the group , nobody would take that victory seriously. Everyone would say "they'd never have done it without that walkover".

Because really, victory not earned is no victory at all (not counting wars here smile.gif). Maybe you can see my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

what a bunch of muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Admins Final Word on Issue:

4P had 2 choices. Reply the game or take the points and run. They decided to take the points on this occasion and are totally within there rights to do so. Alot of people don't agree with this decision but unfortunety there decision is final. They will not be forced to replay the match but If they do change there mind contact myself or Mindphuck and we will admin the game.

So at the moment.

4P are still on 3 points. Hurlan 0 points.

Tom (Jedi)

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 04-02-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

4p have actually agreed to reschedule, and are deciding on a date

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

bah, they should have taken the points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ah jasus, take the points, dont back down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

The rules are the rules....and we will accept that!!

4pel had the choice...the made it...fair enough.

If they fancy a rematch we'll gladly take them up on it. if not fek it!!!

in the mean time ......lets get on with the league. i dont think we'll have any bother getting through to the next round.

there is nothing untoward in what happened.....the rule szwere adheared to...I think that people expected more gamesmanship.

personally i dont think winning is what counts!!! it proving that you are the best clan around. By beating everyone.

As far as I am concerned...lets get on with it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

END THIS THREAD NOW, before it's too late. If you're on the losing side, you could look at it this way. 4P were given a gift from above and took it because they were afraid tthat if they postponed it and played you at full strength they knew they would stand no chance against the might that is hurlin'!!! Just keep telling yourselves that sunglasses.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Damn right.

WE wanted a walkover cos we were scared ****less.

LPB Koopa and Damo?

In yer dreams will win that one

Advertisement