Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Villa v Man Utd, which Channel?

• 30-12-2003 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Anyone know which Channel I can watch the A Villa v Man Utd Match?

It kicks off 12.30pm Sunday. But its not on BBC or $ky.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Don't think its being shown anywhere, they probably expect United to beat us easily, which is not unlikely, and since I can't see us winning the FA cup it might not be a bad thing to get knocked out early and concentrate on the league and Carling cup

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Then it should have been played on Saturday so we be rested for the Tuesday night match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

DSF (German Free to air channel)

7TV

Sport TV

Sport+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Its a bit of a joke. Play the game on Saturday and give everybody a rest or at least show the game. BBC are showing Liverpool ang Yeovil. Yipee I just can't wait to see that pile of crap. I hope yeovil play attacking football!!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

The Cat n'Cage Pub in Drumcondra should show it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by irish1
    they probably expect United to beat us easily, which is not unlikely, and since I can't see us winning the FA cup it might not be a bad thing to get knocked out early and concentrate on the league and Carling cup
    I'd say it's very unlikely that Utd will beat Villa easily. They've had a good run of 4 wins and a draw since losing to Utd, Villa will be well up for it. It should be a good game, BBC should have taken it. Although Yeovil will probably let the cameras in for £100 v Liverpool. :dunno: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I just wonder how seriously Utd will take it? Will they play a reserve team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BBC should have taken it. Although Yeovil will probably let the cameras in for £100 v Liverpool.

Maybe the beeb wanted to show the ultimate Cup upset Live.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by James R
    I just wonder how seriously Utd will take it? Will they play a reserve team?

50/50 i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

I think current form Aston Villa stand a great chance of winning this tie....4-1 odds on paddy power - worth a bet too! I cannot believe BBC are showing that total load of Liverpool rubbish...I mean unless they get beaten!!! Also cant seem to tune in that DSF channel on Sky...anyone know of any others????!! Please!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

dsf isnt on the sky satellite - thats why you cant find it. Sky is Astra 2 (28.2*E) whereas DSF is Astra 1 (19.2*E) - so you'd have to swing your dish that direction to have any chance of picking it up. Your best bet is just to ring round the pubs and see whos showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

I reckon United will field a similar team to the one the let out against Everton on St. Stephens Day, maybe with Brown instead of Silvestre and Fletcher in for Ronaldo. I think John O'Shea has a knock too, so maybe Phil Neville to cover him and Carroll to replace Tim Howard. Actually, thats pretty different to the side against Everton then....

As far as the telly goes - The Swiss Cottage in Santry has never let me down for a United game - even though I've only been once this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I hope UTD field its strongest team that way if they get beat at least they gave it their best shot and I like the FA Cup competition and would like to see utd do their best to get to the Final .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeh they dont seem to take it seriously

Advertisement