Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help please: slow wireless link

• 30-12-2003 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

i got a dlink-604+ and a binatone WL1000 802.11b wirless pc card
    having probs with the signal strenght its 0%, and the signal quality is only apporx 85%
    this slows the internet conection down to as low at 100k at times

i have the router upstairs and the pc card/laptop downstairs about 30m away, but through a couple rooms and not in a straight line..
    is the problem just a crap pc card..should i just get a better pc card or do i need to get an access point for downstairs?
    any help is great
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hacksaw-eddie

i have since swaped the wireless pc card for a D-Link dwl-120+ wireless usb receiver, which appears to have a lot better signal..signal strenght about 55% and link quality about 99%
    but it seems to fail sometimes, with the link quality just crashing to 0% for a while for no apparent reason, which obviously disconnects the internet for this time!
    any1 know why this might be?
    its really frustrating esp. if in the middle of an online game or something!

thanks
    hacksaw

Advertisement