Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripping dvd's?

• 30-12-2003 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a program with which i can rip some dvd's (LOTR Extended Versions) onto my pc? i looked around but couldnt seem to find anything...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

didnt look very hard tho, did you??

www.dvdrhelp.com

go to tools and get either smart ripper or dvd decryptor.

As a matter of interest why do you only want to rip it to ur hdd??

Or will you be back here later with a new topic ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

thanks for the link, and i'm ripping it to my hdd because i borrowed them off someone and i don't have a dvd-rw drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Those programs will basicly decode the DVD and put the whole lot onto your hard drive, it wont leave it as a nice 700mb file.

Not sure exactly what you want, you could get Gordian Knot that will do the job for you.... into a nice cd size (or 2 if u want). Depends on what you mean by rip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Have tried all those mentioned so far and they are fine, however DVDShrink is the easiest I find. Have ripped lots of DVD's with it. Perfect quality, simple to use and a nice small program at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Try EasyDivX v0,82
    Use auto select mode or drag and drop the VOB files you want to rip. Use auto select to select the movie automatically. The files will be decrypted and encoded.

Fill in the length of the movie in order to calculate the video bitrate. Also select the sound type you want in your DivX. Use stereo as default.

Select the number of CDs you want to use for your DivX.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

www.doom9.org

Has all the tool for ripping and divx, xvid encoding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

DVD Decrypter is excellent put the whole DVD on your Hdd

Advertisement