Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everquest New Dawn??

• 30-12-2003 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I just picked up the Everquest New Dawn pack in GAME today. It contains Everquest, The Ruins of Kunark, The scars of Velious and the shadow of luclin add-ons.

I was wondering how much it costs a month as i might wait to next month to start playing cause i'm playing neverwinter nights at the moment?

Also any advice on anything for noob would be great?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Its costs about 16-20 euro per month.
    As for advice, deceide on what class you want to play then hit one of the class based forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I chose warrior and went to freeport. There was no one there bu NPCs. I'm getting confused on wat i have to do. I'm use to linear RPGs like FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

*giggle and point* human warrior

JUST KIDDING!

You need to do what venom said, and check out class boards...

BUT, at level one, what you need to do is find rats to kill to start with, and things like that... to practice your weapon skills etc. Also, READ THE MANUAL that came with the game, you will need it, if you dont have anyone to show you around. Everquest can be just repetitive killing of non npc's to gain experience, and levels, or you can do lots of quests... Its kinda hard to explain....

www.eqatlas.com will have maps of the zones that you might want to go to. www.allakhazam.com has quests/equipment/lots of other things.

What server did you pick, out of interest?

Fox_in_Socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Gotta agree with foxinsocks in that Human Warriors total suck.

If you going to play a warrior as least re-roll as a Troll or ogre. The extra stam points and slam ability make a huge difference at the later levels.

Just remember these few things about EQ and you will get on fine....

1) You are not ment to do much damage as a warrior. Your job in a group/raid is to keep the mob on you so class's like rouges and caster can do the real damage.

2) Learn to taunt to keep the mob on you.

3) You cant solo for **** so dont expect to be able to solo your way to level 65. Just aint gonna happen.

4) Clerics and Enchanters are you friend so make sure mobs dont waste them.

5) Human warriors suck. Weak with now special abilitys. Re-roll as one of the big lads.

6) If your in a group full of asswipes, then leave as then will just get you killed.

7) Invest your non exp points in run1,2 and 3 asap. Cant remember what level you can start working on these tho.

8) Get into a big euro guild on a yank server ASAP. You will get all the good camps when the yanks are in bed :)

9) Most importantly - bitch non stop how every other class is more powerful then warriors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭joe90

Hi all

Have been playing EQ for around 1 month clownboy and like you choose a human warrior.( no laughing ) At first the going was slow but im LvL up fine and have joined a few groups for raids etc which has been fun.Keep at it.Which server do you play on.

PS Get planes of Power you can do a lot more traveling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement