Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Movie Music

Options
  • 30-12-2003 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hey, I noticed that the threads were a little thin on the ground (thanks by the way to whichever moderator finally got rid of the clutter!) and people mentioned that there was no more interesting topics being put up, so I decided to throw down the gauntlet. Seeing as I love films and I'm in an orchestra ( NB if Sven or Hugh or anyone from down South, Dublin that is, read this, tell Cormac to come back to orchestra) I consider myself somewhat of an authority on this subject.

I'm just gonna do classical music, please feel free to do modern music from films.
    1. Star Wars (Episode 4, the original)
    2. Star Wars (Episode 2, the latest, the love story music)
    3. Star Wars (Episode 1, the crap one, but Duel of the Fates was great)
    4. Star Wars (Episode 5, the Empire Strikes Back)
    5 The Lord of the Rings (Fellowship and the Shire music)
    6. The Lord of the Rings (Two Towers, the Rohan Music, I just love that violin sound!)
    7. Jurassic Park
    8. Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
    9. ET (Anyone who didn't like that movie is fundamentally evil)
    10. Terminator 2 (actually, the same music as T1, but not done on a synthesiser, good point of debate, is the Terminator Music really classical or just modern disguised as classical? Hmmmmmm!)

There are a million others I could mention but I won't bore you. I'm sure that someone will put up the others, really, that's the point of the thread, to generate conversation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

The music in donnie darko was really good, and so was the music in waynes world™.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Holy grail was pretty good

And the matrix movies had some good ones as well

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

i liked the music in Donnie Darko and The Matrixes,
    the Rohan theme is also really cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

I've got to say, I was unimpressed with the music in The MATRICES (not Matrixes), actually, I was unimpressed with the movies as a whole, except for the Zion battle sequence, and I've not seen Donnie Darko, so I can't comment.

BTW, who thinks the Wachowskis should be tied to a lamp post and towel whipped for making a mess of such a promising franchise?
    me
    me
    me
    me
    me
    me
    eeeehhhhhh........yeah......me too

The jury's still out on George Lucas. Personally, I liked Episode 2, mainly because Natilie Portman is a fox and the Yoda scene alone was worth the price of admission. But if he screws up Episode 3, there won't be a place on this Earth that He'll be able to hide from me and my towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Almost famous soundtrack. is teh win :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

The Matrix Revolutions - Tetsujin

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

The Rock. Amelie was rather good too. The Jackal.
    of course Where is My Mind from Fight Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

1. LOTR- Last march of the Ents
    2.Terminator 2 soundtrack
    3.The Matrix- the music in the bit with the woman in the red dress
    4.Star Wars- Imperial March
    5.Star Wars- theme tune

That should suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

I shall not reapeat ones previously mentioned...so DANNY ELFMAN! Any score by him is bound to be fantastical! Nightmare before Christmas(I don't know if your counting musicals), he also did that really pretty music for Edward Scissor Hands (I no spell) and for Sleepy Hollow.

Advertisement