Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing tips

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Good stuff...look after that mon now!!! Fancy Media hora in the 1.55 8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

wont leave an oat :( what happened mate ?

A shocker...few words to be had with my mate.....he was 14s early and went to 8s and in the nature of the contest I thought he had a great chance. The money came for the favourite in the end and to be honest i have no idea why the jockeys dont keep the horses a little closer to the pace....so annoying. Sorry all but I do believe in passing on tips like that, the guy who gave it to me is very well connected and we all know what irish racing is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ah not blaming u and i dont bet what i cant afford to lose :)

had a good day with ur tips on thursday

keep em coming :)

I get a lot of those type of calls and I try to filter as many of them as possible..ah well....to be honest it was a rough days racing...lot of fancies going down. Will go back to the drawing board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

Carrigeen Victor 2.35 tomorrow
    mark the man has no chance

Carrigeen Victor 2.35 tomorrow
    mark the man has no chance
    i'm so proud my first tip, and it won

Well done on that PS

Wednesday..

STOOP TO CONQUER 4.55 LUDLOW

He was pretty well placed when falling behind Bagan (who has come out and won again since). I expect him to come on from that experience and a bold show awaits.

TIZI OUZOU 3.50 LUDLOW
    There's just something that I find very interesting in this race. The last two starts for this horse were somewhat of a blot on her record but it is reasonable to assume that she likes Ludlow seeing as though she had her first win here. I think that said blot has allowed the horse to come into this with a nice weight. Timmy Murphy rode her when she won but it's not on her today, he has a different mount. Moore is on today...I think there's a significance to this and it's not a negative one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Topdog

Cheers F2B, i have stuck a fiver to win on Tizi Ouzou. Was gonna double it up with your first tip but got burnt last time by doing that with another tip a while ago. Will be watching with interest. :)

Edited to add :(

Never mind, these thing happen.

Stoop to Conquer drifted like a boat in the betting so obviously something was up there, I really hate when that happens. In truth this is not a good time of the year for backing horses for a number of reasons, the biggest being that Cheltenham is just a month or so away. All you can do as a punter is look at a race and find the reasons why you think a horse can win...forget the price as the bookies don't always get it right. And after that..some ya win, some ya lose..and some races leave you wondering why you bother looking at form

• Advertisement

sunday 2:20 naas IN TECHNICOLOR, was told by a "trusted" friend
    edit/Don't back it he scoped dirty
    will change to RINCE RI in the bobby jo tomorrow, if hes fit (since its his first run in yonks) he'll finish in the frame. edit/ wasn't fit sorry

We shall wait and see so.....ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Cheers for that. How reliable is your friend? :)

Don't back it he scoped dirty,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

No more tips fade2black?

boooo!

lol....think someone is having a go at me here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

fade2black wrote:
    lol....think someone is having a go at me here....
    Nope I value your tips?

Ah ok...sorry....and thanks...

It is tough this time of year though and I hate tipping a loser (even though it is to be expected) Gonna aim at 1-2 a week and I really think it's not unreasonable to expect to make a profit from these. If you created a bank of maybe 20 quid a week(or whatever you want) ten for each horse singley or 5 each way I think over amonthly period we'd have a nice profit.

edit/Don't back it he scoped dirty
    will change to RINCE RI in the bobby jo tomorrow, if hes fit (since its his first run in yonks) he'll finish in the frame. edit/ wasn't fit sorry
    got it wrong sorry

i've noticed this thread has gotten slow since that game started, what a coincidence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Then look at the game for the tips!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I've just received my first tip for the Cheltenham Bumper, it's a horse called De Soto. It's currently 16/1 with Paddy Power. My source is usually pretty decent, he told me connection expect it to go close. He's only had the one run in which he came third against older horses.

I'm sure between now and the bumper we'll probably probably have a collated tips for every different horse in the race, it seems to be the same every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Not quite a tip, but my father has a share in a horse called Beautiful Vision, he co-owns it with Kicking Kings owner, it won quite well last time out, entitled to take her chance, i wont say she'll go close because i havent heard anything (yet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Healio wrote:
    Not quite a tip, but my father has a share in a horse called Beautiful Vision, he co-owns it with Kicking Kings owner, it won quite well last time out, entitled to take her chance, i wont say she'll go close because i havent heard anything (yet).

Cheers Healio. Keep us posted on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

They also have one entered in the Sun alliance hurdle Kings Advocate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just put some money on De Soto & Beautiful Vision. Fingers crossed and all that!!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

a bit of a strange entry here considering the horse is entered at the festival too (maybe its going to run twice) bit Oliver Grady has Baron de Feypo down to run at Stratford in the 4.10 tomorrow

i suppose an eye on the market is the best way of monitoring his chances
    10/1 in the racing post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

ah no! It won at 10/1 !!! I only noticed this tip after it run cos it was in the sticky and not a new topic.

Excellent, I missed it too though.....awww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

backed it each way so i got my ammo for tomorrow anyhow

powers were going 6/1 and ladbrokes at 7's so i took that
    not too sad though

and at the risk of tempting fate by posting another tip here (they only win if no one else backs em) :D
    i think Sir OJ at 25/1 is a huge price in the arkle tomorrow
    he was all over mariah rollins when unseating at the last at leopardstown at xmas

good luck tomorrow everyone

Advertisement