Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing tips

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Im going with Mariah tmrw :)

The time they raced previous to the race evillive has mentioned the exact same thing happened only in reverse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

masterK wrote:
    I've just received my first tip for the Cheltenham Bumper, it's a horse called De Soto. It's currently 16/1 with Paddy Power. My source is usually pretty decent, he told me connection expect it to go close. He's only had the one run in which he came third against older horses.

I'm sure between now and the bumper we'll probably probably have a collated tips for every different horse in the race, it seems to be the same every year.

I'm on this, but am thinking maybe I should lay it off, any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

chump wrote:
    I'm on this, but am thinking maybe I should lay it off, any advice?

Just checked again with the friend who told me about this one, he said he heard the other day that a big race is expected of this one. As for laying off it's up to you depends what price your on at, I have it a 55's and would only consider laying off if it was well backed. I'd keep an eye on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dee1979

Hi just came across your great site any tips for Chelt today - i lost badly yesterday and need to make some money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Kangaroopoo

thanks for the tip I just won on De soto, yippee! Not much but enough to buy a few drinks tonight.

• Advertisement

thanks for the tip I just won on De soto, yippee! Not much but enough to buy a few drinks tonight.

No probs, if you check back here after 12 tomorrow I may just have another one from the same source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Well done MasterK, super stuff altogether.

I was going to put up Bizet as one expected to go very close today if the ground had softened up a bit more, I've heard that it is still expected to run a big race with the confidence is not as strong as would have been on softer ground.

Might be a worth a small each way bet. It runs in the first race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manythanks

I stumbled across these boards the other day by accident but after having a quick read found them very interesting. Anyway, I had another look yesterday and read the thread about De Soto which led me to put a few quid each way on it. Didn't quite make it but still made a profit so many thanks.

I hear Bizet has a good chance today.

Thurles 4:15

Giffard Girl

This horse was a 16-1 fourth last time out and went into the notebook for how well she travelled and stayed on. It was her first run after a break over an extended trip and she's expected to open her account today.

• Advertisement

I'm on, the racing post has napped it too...

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ran crap. :(

He was desperate alright. Something had to be amiss there, bloody irish racing. (Didn't the flat racing look awful by the way?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

was told by a trusted friend, who is fifty, no job, no money, and lives with his mother that the following horse have a chance.

Down Royal
    3:30 Journey Unknown

5:30
    cold wells

Kempton 2:15
    Vista bella

will report how they did tomorrow, and just so you know i'm not backing them :D

are you speaking in code, is that "trusted friend" actually you? ;)

it might be me in thirty years but not now :D

was told by a trusted friend, who is fifty, no job, no money, and lives with his mother that the following horse have a chance.

Down Royal
    3:30 Journey Unknown

5:30
    cold wells

Kempton 2:15
    Vista bella

will report how they did tomorrow, and just so you know i'm not backing them :D

Vista bella won by a nose

cold wellls unplaced 4th i think

journey unkown unplaced

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

Just a phone call off a close friend usually reliable enough, but i know this is short notice

Tipperary 5:45

Aerocom Royal 7/1

worth an e.w. bet

Punchestown.
    6:05
    Tiddle About.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 de_roiste

fade2black wrote:
    Punchestown.
    6:05
    Tiddle About.

What would be your rating on that one Fade?

Nap.. E/W.. Fancy?

• Advertisement

Sorry De Roiste....I'm not really sure, I got a phone call about him yesterday from someone who was very confident....Just passing it on....He's 8-1 at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

fade2black wrote:
    Sorry De Roiste....I'm not really sure, I got a phone call about him yesterday from someone who was very confident....Just passing it on....He's 8-1 at the moment
    Confident eh!?!?! :)
    He looked to be going ok until near the last bend, then just dissappeared.
    What do people think for tomorrow? Any good tips?

There was strong money for this one....it could be that the ground turned bad for him or maybe the winner just stole the race. I'll have a look at tomorrow's cards before I go to be and see what I can find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Strong word for Levitator in the 2:00 today.... Enough said :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

jimi_t wrote:
    Strong word for Levitator in the 2:00 today.... Enough said :)
    I backed him tho so he lost. Whats the horses equivelant ot Pokers Tilt? Thats what im on. Bad 1st day so im chasing now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

8:40 Killarney - Kells Castle (win)

got this off a pretty reliable source.. do him e/w to be sure.. (although, with this night racing, nothing is certain)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

5.55 tralee tomorrow - dunsinane

as with all horse racing any shortening of price on this one would be a good sign seeing as its been off the track for a while - gotta be god each way value anyway at 5/1 or better, racing post predicts 6/1 sp

Any background on this one or is it just a personal fancy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

none other than it is one that i picked up on last year and its last run was placed second behind kilmannin who won a handicap at leopardstown recently
    so this looks a pretty weak race that could be picked up easy enough

lack of recent racing is always going to be a concern - it is called gambling though :D

having looked at it more closely another one that catches my eye in the race is the only Weld/Smullen runner of the evening - Muntaliq back it for a place - dare i suggest Mutaliq - Dunsinane as a forecast

John Oxx also sends one only to Kerry - Colour Co-ordinated in the 6.55 is favourite but should be a confident choice

the Racing Post points to the fact that Baileys Best in the 7.25 beat Colour Co-ordinated last time out yet has not incurred a rise in the handicap so if Colour Co-ordinated wins - get the money on early in the next

from one tip to four - i'll have to go and back them now

• Advertisement

Bit better analysis though, well done (win or lose)

Advertisement