Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Jordan seen sense or completely lost it?

Options
  • 30-12-2003 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

I was browsing about in a bookshop recently when I came across a pair of Wheel Of Time books. They were condensed versions of the existing ones, the first book (not quite as big as the eye of the world) somehow managed to contain Rand's journey from home to the lands of the Aiel! That's a good four or five books' worth in about 700 pages!

What's going on? Has he seen just how meandering his books have become and decided to do it right, or is it an attempt to make even more money by summarizing his existing rambles?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

He wants more money because he's the whore of modern fantasy :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sad but true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

God I loved those books when I read the first 3 or 4 but then as I branched out to better authors and returned to Jordan's books I was really depressed at how poor they were. How books is he up to now 11-12?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

10.:(
    They're one of the few books I was never able to re-read, for some reason. I just couldn't get back into them.

Advertisement