Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adventurers wanted to play Spectres

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

In regards spectors if you watch the movie equilibrium with cristian bale you'll get exactly what specky is on about.

Yeah, but we've got ghosts too :D

...and possibly bags of monkeys...in, or nearby shops purveying incendiary amusements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Specky:

Quick form of Character bio.

Primary: Scientist/Paranorm
    Secondary: Nano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Yaaay im not the only geeky science nerd in the group!! whoohooo

when were playing the game you know i'll be on the lookout for that bag of monkeys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Actually I think geeky nerdy types are the norm.
    Actually, as far as I know I am the only firework-fixated monkey in the group.:p

aahhhhhhh i see commissar so your the........ oh my god purple monkey dishwasher

Too much primate focus here me thinks.....

How about crazy as a sack of squirrels on a peanut farm?

...anyway....

that's lovely Havelock, I have read your bio. I shall read it again along with all the others over the coming days and comment accordingly.

Now.

I'm off to Donegal for a couple of days (working before you all go "Pffff...lazy blighter") and then I'm off to the good old U S of A for the whole of next week (yes, working again I'll have you know) so if you ask a question like...."what it the Flock's favourite breakfast cereal?" I will not answer. Not because I do not know. Just because I shall not be here to tell you.

Mind the internet for me while I'm gone and don't press any button!

(in classic family guy style)

/me looks at the big red button marked "do not push" and hops from foot to foot, looking around to make sure no one is looking AL][EN pushes the big red button. ....... Que big explosion and the world ends!!

floating around in space AL][EN points towards you and says "it was you"

ookey day safe trip to the states dude see ya in a week or so.

• Advertisement

Que

How can you get the spelling wrong on the funniest spelled word in the English language??

The line in which you wait for something is called a QUEUE

ok, doesn't look all that much fun does it? Now spell it out loud, quickly, preferably after a few pints....see? Makes me laugh and laugh...but I lead a sheltered life....

Originally posted by Specky
    How can you get the spelling wrong on the funniest spelled word in the English language??

see previous post

i english very bad ........... i like my toast buttered ......... but tered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What's the Flocks favourite breakfast cereal?

What's the Flocks favourite breakfast cereal?

There's always one isn't there.....

I'm not here so I cannot tell...perhaps you'd all like to speculate...

Ha! Brilliant.
    Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that in Specky's absence we are free to speculate? .......... Anybody?
    :D:D

*Sees AL][EN pointing at me*- *points at Squall* It was him!! :p

Actually the word in that situation is "cue" as in stage direction.

Do the Flock use the 3 shells system?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Commissar
    *Sees AL][EN pointing at me*- *points at Squall* It was him!! :p

*points at squall* It was you

aaahhh the 3 shells system eh havelock!! :D

i only just watched that movie last night actually. does that mean we get fined 1 credit for breach of section 846 of the morality code if we swear while in the flock city's?

ooo and what the flock probably eat for breakfast is.............
    i though of this one all by myself
    flocksties

*i'll get my coat*

i know that was cr*p but i'll think of something better soon

*Points arms across, it was them*

*Beats AL][EN with an electro prod*

You should have left them in confussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

*points at squall* It was you

It was me

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Squall
    It was me

<sniff> guys you dont know how proud you've made me today :)

Of course you were at gaelcon so you probably remember the "it was you" thing, go team!!!:D

oh oh how about what flocks eat for breakfast, i speculate that they eat...........
    wait for it

frosted lucky flocks (there magically delicious )

of with perhaps a side order flock tarts!!!

*slinks off into the shadows for fear of retribution (SP?) (yes im going to try and beat captn'midnight for Cheesey poster of 2004)

Specky's hardly been gone and already you have begun your descent into cheesy depravity.....
    You've no idea how dissappointed in you AL][EN:mad:

aahh now to be fair ask anyone i know (in real life) and they'll tell you im a cheesey baas*tid, (catastrophy for example) and they'll tell you on occasion i can be VERY cheesey indeed.

cos specky is gone now i can be cheesey as i want *until he returns (or you string me up by my breeches* :D

either way im happy as a calcium deficient pig in ........ cheese.

Originally posted by AL][EN
    im a cheesey baas*tid,
    i can be VERY cheesey indeed.

Jus' keep on movin'; this here's a respectable thread an' we don' wan your type inflictin' cheese on aur young uns an' or aur farm stock. Now GIT, afore I's gotta insist.

We don't like yo'r kind round 'ere boy. Kep yo'r cheese eat'n habits to yo'r self. Damn cheese eat'n surredur monkey!

Two days.......TWO DAYS!!

I go away for two days and when I get back the thread is covered in stringy cheese and calcium deficient pigs...and Al][en's breeches....

What, I reluctantly ask, will it be like at the end of next week when I get back from da big trip??

/me whistles!!

wha??? *points at Havelock*
    > it was you

i'll behave myself honest i will in the week that your gone i may even get back to writing Turn 3 of SLA :D

Here lies the body of a good idea. it died a horrible, slow death. may it rest in peace. amen

Far from it!!

Here lies the empty hole into which a dead good idea may have been rest in pieces but which did in fact jump up and run off with itself to have many adventures in strange far off lands under an assumed identity.

Yes, the "getting the game up and running as an online entity" has dwindled terribly, basically because there's a great deal of work to be done in between an idea starting life and it finally being thrust upon the world in a glorious spectacular of sparkly fireworks and scantily clad young ladies.

I'm still looking forward to the scantily clad young ladies.

The few small snippets I posted here were just extracts from various writings I had pieced together on the subject. In an effort to bring you more of the colour of the game I decided to write a short introductory story which would introduce various parts of the world....some time later I looked at the story which was rapidly un-shortenifying and decided maybe there was more to this than met the eye.

This work, along with the parallel development of the game continues. Unfortunately I have small matters like a business to run and a family to guide and nurture with my fatherly hand, so it isn't happening as quickly as I would like.

However, I have engaged the services of an elf who shall be assisting in the on going process. The elfly work has not yet begun but it will do shortly.

With zeal and vim we will beat the rantings and babblings of my midnight sojourn into some semblance of a game before the year is out, I lay a pledge upon this, after which play test will commence.

F2F gaming is the primary aim. I apologise, but the PBEM side of things may or may not follow depending on how things go.

I am very flattered that you should refer to this as a good idea. I hope it is.

We, myself and the elf that is, will keep you posted on progress and may be calling for play testers at some stage. We'd certainly like to be able to count on your support in the form of constructive criticisms where appropriate.

In the meantime. I shall leave you with a large cheesy grin which I am sure you will enjoy

:D

Hmm, i was gonna make a scathing remark....but you gotta love that grin

on an utterly unrelated topic, is the elf hot?

• Advertisement

on an utterly unrelated topic, is the elf hot?

Toasty

Tell me, where did you find the elf, and were there more of them?

where did you find the elf

The Ideal Gnome Exhibition

Ah no, that ended on tuesday. No elf for me :(

Advertisement