Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bobby Petta

• 31-12-2003 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Just read he has joined Fulham on loan until the end of the season.

Good/bad move? if he can get back to his old form this could be a good move for Fulham.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by James R

if he can get back to his old form

is this a feckin joke?

the guy plays like a coward, scared to put a foot in, runs at players and drops if the wind blows to hard

hes useless, and always has been, had 1 or 2 good games for celtic in his whole spell there..............

there is no such thing as his old form, he was and still is shìte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Originally posted by Big Chief
    is this a feckin joke?

the guy plays like a coward, scared to put a foot in, runs at players and drops if the wind blows to hard

hes useless, and always has been, had 1 or 2 good games for celtic in his whole spell there..............

one date sticks out in my mind and maybe everymind of every celtic supporter
    wednesday 22 2001

so big chief kiss my arse!!!!!

the man was been called up to the dutch national team after this apperance

eh?

and that would be what month then eh?

the few ppl i phoned back home dont seem to know much either, so tell me, im intrigued..

and i stick with my opinions about petta, hes a donkey through and through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

petta is a quality player and i never understood why o'neill didnt at least have him on the bench.

i think he was as good if not better than thompson 2 seasons ago, obviously he hasnt got a game since so we cant rate him. petta cant tackle i know, in fact he's a useless defender, but thats not his job. do you see giggs, kewell, pires etc bursting the gut to get a challenge in??

if he was still getting a regular game id say he'd impress at fulham but after 2 years out i dont think he'll better anything they have at the moment. perhaps they'll get the best out of him and o'neill will be kicking himself. not too often o'neill's wrong though.

Originally posted by smemon
    do you see giggs, kewell, pires etc bursting the gut to get a challenge in??

i see the above going by players with ease most of the time, i have never seen petta do that naturally... 90% of the time he just falls over claiming a free kick...

I dont rate petta and i think o'neill did the right thing and i fully back him in the decision, my opinions arent going to change on petta and pretty much every celtic fan i know agrees with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

is this a feckin joke?

How is it a joke? He was a great player at Ipswich and scored a few crackers while he was there. He would probably still be a first team regular for Celtic only for his injury problems which forced him out for a whole season. 1 or 2 games? he played a whole season for Celtic before his injury. He even played a few times in the Champions League, I really don't know how you think he was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

ipswich ahhh come on there not what you would call a class team he scored great goals against poor teams if thats all he has to show he might aswell stay on the sideline

Originally posted by phenom
    ipswich ahhh come on there not what you would call a class team he scored great goals against poor teams if thats all he has to show he might aswell stay on the sideline
    Andy Reid plays for Notts Forest and he is a quality player, you can still judge players playing at lower levels and Ipswich were in the premiership not too long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Andy Reid plays for Notts Forest and he is a quality player, you can still judge players playing at lower levels and Ipswich were in the premiership not too long ago.

That's not strictly true either. You can only judge the fact that he has the potential to be a good player by watching him in the lower leagues. He still has to prove himself at the top before he can be considered a "quality" player in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Ipswich were in the premiership not too long ago.
    true but for how long did they stay up for
    not long maybe 1or 2 seasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

that would be 2 seaseons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Ipswich's reputation shouldn't be called into question here. They weren't a bad side and at one stage got into the UEFA Cup which a lot of sides would settle for in this day and age.

Petta is a decent player, no one plays for Celtic and Holland without having at the very least a bit of potential. Maybe he has/hasn't fulfilled that but he could do so at Fulham, who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

dont forget ipswich defeated the mite of inter milan 1-0 . Then lost 4-0 in the return leg.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    1 or 2 games? he played a whole season for Celtic before his injury. He even played a few times in the Champions League, I really don't know how you think he was that bad.

if you noticed i said good games, not 1-2 games all season

best of luck to him at fulham but it dosent change my opinion about him

if you noticed i said good games, not 1-2 games all season
    sorry my mistake. Just wondering, do you think Sylla deserves to be on the bench ahead of Petta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

He set up the winner in the FA cup game today, good start at his new club :D.

Advertisement