Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wots the deal

Options
  • 31-12-2003 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

i got a tatoo on my forearm last wednesday, i was told to keep it moisturised and clean for bout 4 days and then to just leave it alone, no washing, no moisturisation or anything, but i've decided to moisturise it again cos it got really dry and wrinkly, like a prune, the top layer of skin/scab has come off, should there be another layer to come off, i dont remember this happenin with my last tat,, it looks a lot better when i moisturise it but it dries out within and hour or so, is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Are you sure you didn't misunderstand?

I was told to cover with clingfilm and use Preparation H for 4 days. Then to leave uncovered and use vaseline twice a day. After reading a bit around on the web I ditched the vaseline for moisturiser. Without wanting to tell you to go against your artists wishes I'd say when you're in the shower just let the water run over it, obviously don't rub or scrub it. I can't see why you shouldn't moisturise, just not excessively.

Bear in mind that I am no expert on the matter, but I know you shouldn't scab up a crazy amount..and I can't see why you shouldn't gently let water run over it and indeed keep it moisturised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You could try using prep H, I found a little vitamin E oil was good as well. I guess it depends where on your body you get it done, maybe there's less sebaceous glands on your forearm so it'll look a bit drier when its healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i dont think i'm scabbing up again, the skin just looks really dry and is cracking, i wouldn't call it a scab or anythin.. i've been usin nivea baby lotion, i'll shall try prep H tho,, it should heal tho yeah, it wouldn't stay like this would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by newband
    i dont think i'm scabbing up again, the skin just looks really dry and is cracking, i wouldn't call it a scab or anythin.. i've been usin nivea baby lotion, i'll shall try prep H tho,, it should heal tho yeah, it wouldn't stay like this would it?

My first tattoo was just like that too and it healed up fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I have a tattoo on the softer part of my forearm, and it dried and scabbed like yours. I put savlon on it for a week or so, this moistened the scab a bit, but it dried out again a matter of hours later. The tatt turned out fine, apart from a barely noticeable spot where some of the ink came out in the scab.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you not to pick the scab :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement