Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you call a knacker

2»

Comments

LOL @ the last god knows how many posts.

even irish tourism sites warn of knackers, as I have always posted in this thread: http://www.local.ie/content/41127.shtml/about_ireland/society/language

There is such thing as being overly-pc you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    what gets me is there has been 2 moderators mosting replies here. and i am yet to see a "thread closed" anywhere....

Racism is a major problem facing our society.
    pointing out racism on travellers is the same as the racism on english,scottish,welsh or any foreign people in this country.

i wonder when an admin will notice this thread and step in with the powers that have been entrusted with them by the leading mods...

:confused::confused::confused:

If you have such a problem withthe mod's of this forum why dont you just PM a more senior Mod like DeVore or Gandalf

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by muffen
    Who laughs when reading something like "Thievin Gypsies"??

You should remove the posts that are straight out racist. Gypsies ARE a race, and that makes those post racist!
    Heck, I find those posts offending, and I'm not a gypsie ... or a knacker...
    Sorry if I offend you but I call a spade a spade. Tinkies are for the mostpart dirty thieves and although stating that isn't exactly funny it's still true.

On afunny note my granny used to say of them: "They'd rob the eye out of your head and then come back for the lash..." :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Most of the times I don't mind stuff like this thread, but now it's getting really out of hand.

That IS offending, and it's not funny at all. Hence, it should be removed.

Who laughs when reading something like "Thievin Gypsies"??

You should remove the posts that are straight out racist. Gypsies ARE a race, and that makes those post racist!
    Heck, I find those posts offending, and I'm not a gypsie ... or a knacker...

EDIT: I'm obviously not the only one with these opinions: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1299477#post1299477

So its ok for you to call people knackers and gypsie's but no one else? theifing Gypsies, Isn't that mutually inclusive. I mean you're not a gypsie unless your a theifing gypsie, in the same way your not a traveller unless your a scumbag breaking the law and estroying property. Travellers are asked to obay the same laws the rest of us are and you people call it racism. when the gardi go in you call it racism. How many times have the gardi stood back and watched knackers destroy land a property simply because they didn't want to be called racist. If you love knackers so much why don't you open up your own home to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Wow.. Skanger.. can you read at all?
    So its ok for you to call people knackers and gypsie's but no one else?

Where did I say that?
    I mean you're not a gypsie unless your a theifing gypsie, in the same way your not a traveller unless your a scumbag breaking the law and estroying property.

Every single Gypsie on this planet steals?
    Every single traveller on the planet breaks laws and destroys things?
    Travellers are asked to obay the same laws the rest of us are and you people call it racism.

Ehh... that statement is so dumb I'm having problems thinking of something to say. What I said was that I do not believe that a post, which says only something like "thievin Gypsies", belongs in a humor forum. Nowhere is anyone asking them to follow laws, people are simply bashing them with stupid statements. Again, this does NOT belong in a humor forum!!
    How many times have the gardi stood back and watched knackers destroy land a property simply because they didn't want to be called racist

I don't have a clue, but you know what, I am 100% sure that you don't have any stats on that either!! So, even if that question was retorical, it wasn't a very good argument. Unless, of course, you are going to show me stats to support the claim that the gardi stands back when property is being destroyed infront of their nose, repeatedly!
    If you love knackers so much why don't you open up your own home to them.

That's your conclusion? Because I think that some posts in this thread does not belong in a humor forum, I "love knackers"?????
    You do know that there is a big thing inbetween love and hate, don't you? Just because you don't hate something doesn't mean that you love it.

Look, your entire post is, well, in lack of better words, insanely stupid. More than half the things you said were only because you wanted to argue with me, they weren't based on anything I had said in my post.
    If you wanna argue, that's fine, but stick to facts...

My question to you, do you really believe a post that says Thievin Gypsies belong in a humor forum (regardless of what you think of Gypsies, does it belong in the HUMOR forum???).
    Tinkies are for the mostpart dirty thieves and although stating that isn't exactly funny it's still true.

That may be as it is, but it doesn't belong in the humor forum. When I read the humor forum, I expect to laugh (or shake my head thinking the joke wasn't funny at all). After reading this thread, I didn't really feel like reading any jokes... and that's not how it should be in the humor forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    what gets me is there has been 2 moderators mosting replies here. and i am yet to see a "thread closed" anywhere....

the mods you speak of dont have any control over this forum? same with me...

personally threads like this dont bother me, its rare that i see a gypsy that isnt begging for money or grabbing onto someone, they use every filthy trick in the book which sometimes even involves cruelty to children just so they can make some money..

"they would rob your eyes and come back for your eyelashes" is what my dad used to tell me, was told to steer clear and he was right..

Ive never met an honest one yet in all the countries ive been to

am i racist? no far from it, i just done like their race because from what ive seen and believe they put in absoloutley no good to humanity in itself.

call me racist if you wish, i couldnt give a damn personally. I know my own feelings and am not scared to show them and ive known plenty of lovely people of different race, you earn my respect by showing some, gypsies show none therefore deserve none in return. (if that makes sense?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I'm not particularly pro-traveller and can see why many people would object to certain things they do.

However I am amazed that this thread has been allowed to continue so long - if equivalent comments were being made against homosexuals or blacks I am sure this thread would have been deleted long ago.

Would any moderators care to comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Isn't a major part of "Gypsie" philosophy or way of life that other people provide for them? It would be rather silly to think that this sort of thinking can live hand in hand with most any other society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by bus77
    No, It shoud be "What do you call a knacker with no legs and no arms who has a watch?"

If he has legs/arms, youd be better off callin him by his God-given christian name:D

I don't get it :confused:

I only have one question to anyone who wishes to answer it... apart from the inital jokes (which I don't mind), what is this thread doing in the humor forum??

I do believe that you should be a little "flexible" when it comes to humor, and I really have no problem with that.

My complaint is the posts that say stuff like "Thievin Gypsies" (it's not funny so it doesn't belong in this forum!!).

Everything now is a debate, and it's far from funny, so regardless of anyones opinion about Gypsies, what is this thread doing in this forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Well we haven't recieved any complaints from the gypsies (theiving or not) so maybe you ladies a little over sensitive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Well we haven't recieved any complaints from the gypsies (theiving or not) so maybe you ladies a little over sensitive?

none online
    they might be able to steal a pc ect, but you can't possibly get the internet in a caravan.

but you can't possibly get the internet in a caravan.

Ofcourse you can. I've been in the middle of the desert and had Internet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Surely by sayin' "Thievin Gypsies" it is in fact specifying gypsies that thieve. If the statement was "All gypsies", I can see how that could be considered racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Being a traveller or being a gypsie is away of life not a race, and that way of life revolves around being theifing law breaking scum. Sorry but its ture. YOu ask me for stat's Do you really think the CSO would keep that type of thing, do you really think its something the gardi like to admitt to? No it isn't. Travellers occupy land that doesn't belong to them, fill it full of ****e and then move on after detroying the area. If you don't do that, then your just a bloke with a caravan, your not a traveller. You say that arguement is so dumb, wow well done super come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

Who invited a bunch of do-gooding lefties on this site anyway??
    Build bridge, get over it...and enjoy below.

What do you call a Knacker/Gypsie woman who's had 3 abortions?
    A crime fighter.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

I only have one question to anyone who wishes to answer it... apart from the inital jokes (which I don't mind), what is this thread doing in the humor forum??

My complaint is the posts that say stuff like "Thievin Gypsies" (it's not funny so it doesn't belong in this forum!!).

Everything now is a debate, and it's far from funny, so regardless of anyones opinion about Gypsies, what is this thread doing in this forum?
    You must have loads of time on your hands to worry about a thread so much. If it's so unfunny to you then don't laugh. Whether this knacker chat belongs in here or not - bitching about it certainly isn't funny and by your own logic doesn't belong here either.
    A crime fighter.
    lol! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

A bit random but since were on the topic..

How do you cut a knackers dick off?

.....Kick his sister in the jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Gone wayyyyy off topic - time to shut it down

And by the way, if anyone has a problem with a thread or post, there is a link at the botton of each post marked "report". If you click that, I, Kharn and the admins get an email, and then we have a look at it. Unfortunately, with the best will in the world, I don't get to read every single post here, and boy am I glad:rolleyes:

I have just read this thread through, and I have the following to say - Knacker jokes can be considered racist when they are referring to members of the travelling community. If they refer to an obnoxious citizen as in "you little knacker" then it is not racist. Racism will not be tolerated in any shape or form on this board.

In light of this, please read below:

Tuts - the "no offence intended" can not be used as a get out of jail card - banned for a week

Slave1, KilOit, Skanger,G, Stormfox1020 and JabbaTheGut - banned for a week

Utility - any more remarks like that and you are banned for a month.

Kold, Ruaidhri and mukki - any more comments like that will earn you a week long ban

bazH - any more remarks like that and you are permanently banned - stop trolling - final warning

Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement