Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol Freebies

Options
  • 31-12-2003 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Who gives the best deal on loyalty points bonus schemes etc?
    atm I'm filling up with Maxol but it's taking a loooooong time to fill the card and get my €6 or whatever it is.

I used to collect Tiger tokens but lost them all when the Tiger miles came out.
    I do about 25k to 30k a year.

Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I think you should just go for the cheapest petrol you can find, put the money you are saving into a jar, then buy yourself something at christmas with all the money you have saved during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I have three local stations, Esso, Maxol and Shell and they all have the same prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Same here - 3 local station have same prices.

..... so I drive a mile out the road to get mine (it's the principle that counts) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Neil_Sedaka
    I have three local stations, Esso, Maxol and Shell and they all have the same prices!
    Originally posted by Neil_Sedaka
    I do about 25k to 30k a year

Surely with the time you spend on the road you won't have to get your petrol locally Neil_Sedaka ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Statoil premium club gives you 1c back a litre, which isn't bad, and the other side of it is that you only need two people to get a 'fuel card', which gives you a month to pay, to help with the 'oul cashflow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I always tend to ignore "clubcard" promotions, and always look for the cheapest. The only one that has any value is Tesco, when you spend €40 in the supermarket, you can get 5c per litre off the price in the Tesco filling station. At the moment, that would be 74.3c/l. :eek:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Christ, 74.3c per litre ain't half bad!

I don't use loyalty points at all, just going to the cheapest filling station, which at the moment is 84.9c/l :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

The only one that has any value is Tesco

True yes , if you live in Dublin or Killatney but what about the rest of the country ?? Have they plans to expand the filling stations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by tinofapples
    True yes , if you live in Dublin or Killatney but what about the rest of the country ?? Have they plans to expand the filling stations ?

I think the answer is yes - the Dublin/Kilarney sites were to test the water in two very disperate locations. They seem to have hit pay dirt so subject to planning permission (aha!) they should roll out forcourts this year.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I put €150 a week into my fuel guzzler and buy all my petrol locally in a filling station that doesnt do any type of promotion... Doh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I put €150 a week into my fuel guzzler

What the fcuk are you driving ? A train ?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

not quiet! Its a BMW coupe, 6 cylinder 24 valve petrol! And I do roughly a 1000 miles per week!

Advertisement