Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband problems? (siac)

• 31-12-2003 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Posting this on behalf of my brother..

Does anyone know if there are problems with the IBB link at the siac antenna. His connection has been down a while and he's wondering if there is any maintanence underway or problems due to the current weather.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

siac? which high site is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Boco

Clondalkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I don't know about work IBB might be doing etc. but I live right beside SIAC and the wind is pretty out here, I'd imagine that isn't helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

yeah, if it is windy or rainy, they have to stay in the office doing feck all, cancelling all their installations & LOS tests :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

So Far IBB have only encountered wussy Dublin wind n rain. Wait till they come across the real stuff in their new licence areas to the west. Expect no new sites to go live before the summer while they get their wetsuits fitted .

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

IBB's link between Siac and Tallaght went down last night. This is the route back to IBB's core network (from Clondalkin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Muck
    So Far IBB have only encountered wussy Dublin wind n rain. Wait till they come across the real stuff in their new licence areas to the west. Expect no new sites to go live before the summer while they get their wetsuits fitted .

M
    Anyone knowwhen they're going start setting up site up the east coast toward drogheda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

yes my IBB connection is down at the moment too
    back to 56k while i wait:)
    yes it must be in the siac general area and IBB dont start back till MON 5 JAN
    so they probably dont even know its down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Same here :o, I first taught it was my antenna but reading this thread proves otherwise. How long do they get for their holidays anyway? I know that their back tomorrow.

siac

2 weeks id say. bit stupid a professional company providing broadband and they cant pay someone to monitor it and make sure there are no problems
    COWBOYS!!!!!:)

• Advertisement

well im back on my ibb connection.they probably came back to work 2day saw the connection down and went oopps and fixed it .
    lets see how things go for the next 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I'm suffering from terrible interference i'm told. My upload speed is non-existant, and download can be rough at times. They are gonna try and sort it out for me, hopefully in a few short days. I'll keep ya's informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Me too, non-existent upload speeds on the Ballycoolin transmitter.
    Download is ok'ish, it varies.

Wheres Chaz ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by mag
    Wheres Chaz ?
    Have you PMed him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Have you PMed him?

Naa, its not like hes support or something.

Its fine if he wants to reply in a thread but i dont want to go hassling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Originally posted by mag
    Naa, its not like hes support or something.

Its fine if he wants to reply in a thread but i dont want to go hassling him.

Actually I think Chaz is support, I recall a post from him saying he was testing the 3.5GHz range for IBB with an attenna from his bedroom window and he was on a 6mbit connection while testing it :0, read his previous posts in the 'tree rock mountain' thread.

Advertisement