Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with dvd writer drive

• 31-12-2003 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

k i got a hp dvd write 30c and the drivers are instaleld properly and its detected by windows.

the problem is that its unable read any cd-rom when its in it.
    i cant install a game from it, play an audio cd, even boot a game from it.
    and when i press the button to eject the cd it opens straight away and the cd is spinning around in the disc tray most likely causing damage.

i have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled but to no avail.
    i have yet to check if it writes a cd so i will check now but i hope some1 can help with this problem as having just one drive to run any cd i need is a bit crap.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

Is the cdwriter on same ide as the hardisk?are both using same jumpers?ie both on master or slave?Or is the writer on its own ide cable?The writer should not share with harddisk as it will slow harddisk down.(If the harddisk is on ide 1 on its own u could try making writer slave on this ide in case ide cable is faulty but seperate when new cable is got)regds kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Give Kmb suggestion a go & if that doen't work then I think I know how you got it for €30.....................I'll let you decide????

Advertisement