Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness - 'Christmas Time (Don't let the bells end)'

• 31-12-2003 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

Great song isnt it! The Darkness - 'CHRISTMAS TIME (DON'T LET THE BELLS END)'. Any guesses at what position the song will enter the charts this week?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Where have you been? It peaked at number 2 pre-Christmas. Just failed narrowly to be the xmas no. 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    Where have you been? It peaked at number 2 pre-Christmas. Just failed narrowly to be the xmas no. 1

The "'CHRISTMAS TIME" part in the title should have been a bit of a hint ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

COME ON KIDS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Hey Dangerman, that sig sounds ver familiar and i just had to ask. Is it out of Fight Club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tis a great song alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

any song which has the words "bells end" and "ring piece" must be respected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I must be missing something with this Darkness song. I've listened to it a few times, and frankly I think it's one of the worst songs I've heard all year.

The melody is poor, the power chords simply don't work in the context of the song, and don't even get me started on the sleigh bells!

I've liked previous Darkness stuff, but this song to me just seemed like a purely commercial attempt to get a Christmas number 1. I don't think The Darkness had too much say in the song, it is not typical of their material.

Here come the flames!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Nah i think it's pretty fun. No wonderous melody or anything, just a decent chrimbo track - the video makes it all the better.

and yes, my sig is from fight club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Originally posted by robbie1876
    I've liked previous Darkness stuff, but this song to me just seemed like a purely commercial attempt to get a Christmas number 1. I don't think The Darkness had too much say in the song, it is not typical of their material.

exactly
    the darkness just made this song coz its the thing to do for pop stars
    a christmas song not to be proud of
    and the video is even worse

that lead singer guy is such a pedo......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by quank
    that lead singer guy is such a pedo......

WTF :eek: what makes you say that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think quank is sying that because he's nice to kid's in the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

The song was a bit of fun i thought not as good as some on the album but it would have been a worthy number 1. Pity it came up against Mad World which was a strange release for Christmas considering Donnie Darko has been out ages... I had overplayed the song by the time it was released on single.

Advertisement