Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto-Disconnect question

• 31-12-2003 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

I recently changed from eircom Solo ADSL to the normal RADSL starter system. Now running cheerfully, but I get a box appearing telling me "Your connection has been idle for 20 mins, will disconnect in 30 seconds" Then I have to select "Stay connected". Otherwise I have to use an Internet-connected program to connect again. Is this Auto-Disconnect an eircom "feature"? Can I disable it (or use a "keep connected" program?

I used to have this on Dial-up, but not on Solo.

Thanks for any pointers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by captainpat
    I recently changed from eircom Solo ADSL to the normal RADSL starter system. Now running cheerfully, but I get a box appearing telling me "Your connection has been idle for 20 mins, will disconnect in 30 seconds" Then I have to select "Stay connected".
    What happens if it disconnects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It's just windows auto disconnect.
    Take a look in Internet options or dial up networking properties and switch it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

I didn't have time to read the box before. It came up after a re-boot, and I saw a tick-box to turn it off. Thanks guys.

Advertisement