Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I unreasonable?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Shinji
    Hobbes raises some interesting points.

well, i suppose theres a first time for everything smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ButcherOfNog (edited 08-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Emperor

In response to the whole "new quakers" thing, it can only be said that the reason newbies aren't posting to the boards is because there's an ever-decreasing amount of Quake-related posts: which is why, incidentally, I've not been posting for a bit.

Just a thought.

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

the reason newbie quakers [of which i consider myself one, having only been playing regularly for several months] rarely post to these boards is that there is a dearth of stuff out there that is relevant to reply to; there is a lot of *****in and infighting and instead of a forum for the discussion of quake it seems to have become a forum for fostering arguments of the muppets vs. l33t thing : "Our ways are better than yours" and what bunny calls the simpsons comic store owner mentality. at the same time, the people who say we should be kinder to newbies are overlooking the fact that everyone is extremely kind to newbies: not once can i remember a time when i was laughed at for being a completely incompetent player of games or a time when if i had a quetion it wasn't answered. for all your complaining the boards are a better place than you give them credit for, and the people involved in it, even the so-called muppets are in the main a generally sound bunch of god-[devore]fearing folk.

"take away the wine, a restlessness plagues me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Dunno about that, in the various games I've played/play, I've seen many an instance of muppets/newbies being slagged unmercifully/kicked/abused etc. Done it meself a couple of times whilst in a $hite mood or locked smile.gif

That said, this was almost always on UK servers, the Irish ones seem to be better but could that because a clique as mentioned above had developed? Indeed it could. In fact it is!! Damn, talk about rambling smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

talking about getting kicked, grailhall is back up smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Ere pal,
    I'm not that new tongue.gif . I'm the one responsible for the West cork quake scene (all 3 of us) so nyaaa sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 08-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Wasn't planning to actually post to this thread - but something occured to me while browsing through it.

If all we talked about on these boards was Quake they'd be of limited real interest and this so called community would suffer for it.

Quake is good to 'play' ... but i believe there is limited scope for an entertaining read.

Personally i enjoy all the Bit<hing,Politics and remotely quake related posts on these boards. It is far more healthy than a sterile strictly admin'd board where all posts are strictly related to official Server bookings or problems with mouse configurations ... these things are fine and of course good for a Quake board ... but they add no life or personality to the gaming community in question.

JAK.

-And real rivalries make games more interesting-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It was Grim Reaper I used to get kicked off all the time. Lads, if yis are q2 players check Gamespy to see if Grim Reaper Deathmatch is back up, and if it is, then let the muppet murdering commence!!

The admin is a guy called Garf, and despite being in his 30's and the owner of the company where the server is (Shellnet), he is the saddest sack of $hite you will ever see on a q2 server smile.gif

He kicked me constantly for being infinitely better than him, then eventually closed the server down cos I kept coming on to it under other nicks and slagging the bol1ix off him smile.gif Plus, despite the fact that he has a ping of around 8 to it during the day, I can't thing of a single Irish q2 player apart from Shinji* who couldn't bate him from one end of the server to the other blindfolded, and that includes WhiteWashMan tongue.gif

One of his mates told me once that he only uses forwards and fire, with the mouse to turn, no strafing, jumping, nothing. Plus he couldnt hit a cows ar$e with a banjo, even on an uber low ping i.e. actually on the server itself smile.gif

Highly recommended.

* soz mate smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

In response to the topic.
    Yes?

Daddy or Chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ahem, on my brief forays to Reapers Palace, I did in fact kick various sad sacks around the server. Can't remember if that bloke was one of them or not tongue.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement