Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server Bookings

Options
  • 08-02-2000 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

Is there somewhere that server bookings can be viewed, date, time, clan etc etc, so we can see what spots are available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

dredge through the last weeks postings
    fun eh? hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

or you could be sound and give us a URL.

whoa could i be any clearer.
    there is no URL.
    tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

How about another server or two? I would be willing to pay a small subscription, if thats whats required

I would have no problem moderating a booking system if nessessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

A booking system is a good idea... leave it with me a little bit...

good good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Nononono, don't encourage server booking. it will be the downfall of Free-for-all. If there is an organised booking system then people will become more likely to book servers for frivolous reasons, like taking the CA server up for small 1v1 matches (could happen). I suppose you could make sure that the booking system isn't abused but still, there'll be no more logging on for a quick game if it takes off. Maybe u think I'm overreacting. Well you're right, that's what I do sunglasses.gif

good good

Steven, I am simply talking about Clans booking the servers, your right though it does leave so space for abuse, but this could be curbed simply enough with a few rule and regs. Say Eachg clan can only book 2 hours (just an off the head example) a week.

• Advertisement

perhaps if they are only bookable certain times of the day
    that way everyone else can duel or have some nice wars at the same time every night without worrying if its booked or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

perhaps we could use the booking system i wrote?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Which is?
    Look at the way Barrysworld allow you to book servers.
    We do it all the time and its quite painless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

get your own servers you bunch of scumbag student layabouts.

ooops, sorry, wrong thread.
    by the way, DFdont want to book any servers from now on coz we are so leet, or something.

Sound. Might i propose that we sort one out? As "dredge through the last weeks postings" is hardly suitable. Who does maintain when the servers are booked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

No-one. Just have to get your spake in first.

whats that you got butch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

ok i will be collecting subscriptions etc for that thing whatever it was, just send me as much money as you have and any gold you might have, thanks

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Eamo now that we're l33t
    do we have to start, like, talkxoring
    lik3 thi5 all the time?
    fs, more hassle than its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

it was allowing u to book a server for a dat/time, set a password for it, then it launched a server at that time with that password to enter it, then killed it when the time period is over. was working for q2 dm/ctf & vanilla ut servers.

• Advertisement

very posh...go for it.

send one dollar to happy server!

Advertisement