Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye of the Beholder I (Amiga)

Options
  • 31-12-2003 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Well... I dug this game out... I haven't played it for 12 years but it has come flooding back... courtsey of WinUAE. This time I RPG harden and ready for action. I never finished back then... made it 11/12ths of the way and then stopped.

Did anyone place this or what did you think of it? I'm down on level two after an hour and I'm a pig in muck! :) Something that I notice is the fact that item attributes aren't clearly identifiable.... ie I pick up a knife with +2 to hit (or whatever) and when I cast detect magic it glows blue.... great .... but I don't learn anything about the item... is there a way to figure this out or do my characters need to have very INT or other attribute to recognise these... Great game though...

I never played the 2nd one in the series and I heard it was the best.... so I guess that's next...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

As far as I can remember you had to use the identify spell to find out what the item did.

Played EOB 1 and 2 on the Amiga :) happy days those and then again on a 386 I borrowed. Unfortunately 3 would never run for me due to a lack of extended memory or some other crap like that :( . (I got the forgotten realms collection for the PC, some very nice games in there. must see if I can find a way to get EOB3 to run on my win2k machine... dungeonhack was a laugh as well).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Oh well... I heard 3 wasn't that great on the PC. The best one was the 2nd one but I never got to play it! I nearly finished the 1st one. I'm down to the dwarf levels again with those bleedin' spiders. I forgot how the mouse clicks on the "direction pad" tended to pause your characters moves slightly when the action got hectic....

Gods... now there's a Game.... :)

Advertisement