Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn And Laptops

• 01-01-2004 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi guys just got a laptop off papa xmas and i need some tech help with connecting to isdn line ....do i use a isdn pcmcia card or whats this wi- fi thingy also i see infra red thingy too whats the best way to go .....ive ordered a psion gold card off ebay but the lead or dongle doesnt have the RJ45 connection it has the white uk connection is there converters for this???another question is why cant i use my desktop isdn modem is there a specila reason
    sorry for being so thick but im getting there lol
    cheers
    happy new yr
    themachman:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

i'd say you're going the right way with your pcmcia card. there's probably a converter available though i have no idea where you'd get one.

wifi and infra-red arent really designed for this job. infrared is for connecting to a device slowly and over short range. wifi is for wirelessly linking two or more computers/networks - to connect up to your isdn line via wifi you would need an isdn router and all sorts of complicated setting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 themachman2001

thanx for taking the time to reply happy new yr!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭red vex

im using a billion external usb isdn modem i got from komplett on my laptop and it works very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 themachman2001

another question for yers theres an 56k modem pre installed in the lap top as normal can this be used now my line is changed to isdn
    thanks in advance
    the machman:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 End_Item

You can the 56k modem no problem as long as you connect to the analoge port on hte isdn box. This port is the same as an ordinary phone socket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement