Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reds favourites to win 4th place spot

• 01-01-2004 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Ladbrokes have installed the Reds (liverpool) (as if it was united) as 6/4 favourites to grab the last Champions League place in the Premiership.

does anybody agree on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i wouldnt back pool to be top 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I've a feeling it might just be Charlton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I reckon they'll do it (just), Charlton, Fulham etc lack
    enough good players. Injurey and suspensions might well find them out...Liverpool are Reds by the way.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

Betting to come 4th!!

Shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

**** odds given how close it is, plus unless the pool make some good additions there squad is no better than a lot of squads.

• Advertisement

I think Liverpool need to get fourth tbh. Two seasons without CL football would be shambolic for them and would see them slip into the same category as Aston Villa and Spurs as also-rans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

can't see it happening. There just too inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

to be honest they have a good young squad but do they dont play well together
    they need to sell some of the players that are just there to sit on the bench and put a bit more effort into buying actuall good players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Newcastle will get it, pool are bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

newcastle will come 4th. pool 5th or maybe 6th i cant see worse than that for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by James R
    I think Liverpool need to get fourth tbh. Two seasons without CL football would be shambolic for them and would see them slip into the same category as Aston Villa and Spurs as also-rans.

theyve been also-rans for about 8 seasons mate

Not in the traditional sense really. At the start of every season you hear people (not just Liverpool supporters) saying that liverpool have a chance this season etc. etc. etc. whereas you never hear that about the Villa and Spurs (sorry to pick on these 2 but just examples). If they drop further down the ranking then they will even lose that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

It's probably due to the vast numbers of optimistic Liverpool fans why they are installed as favourites for fourth.
    Realisticaly it means the bookies reckon they'll finish 5th or 6th and they're just covering their asses.
    There are several clubs who all have a decent crack at the 4th place spot. Liverpool have a lot of players to come back from injury which will help them but they are lacking a lot of the character that the Chartons and Fulhams of the world possess at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Liverpool: Give Man-Utd Michael Owen and leave him have some success in his life and im not talking about the Carling Cup but the Champions League and the Premiership.

To be honest I don't think Owen would fit into Utds setup. They've never really relied on pace before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Maybe Owen would be more at home at Arsenal, if he could get into the team. I think however he will have his sights on foreign horizons come the end of the season. Pressuming Real Madrid are still interested (god knows why?) then maybe there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beano2

I cant see pool getting fourth as they are the team that is going most down hill in the premiership over the last couple of seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Originally posted by Helix
    theyve been also-rans for about 8 seasons mate

LOL, HERE HERE

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Liverpool still have a very good chance of finishing fourth. I mean they are only four points off that position at the moment with a game in hand against Wolves which they should win. That leaves them 1 point away from fourth and with a full team they should be strong enough to bridge that minimal gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Eric The Red

I wouldn't have Liverpool in the top 4 of anything, never mind grabbing the 4th champs league spot, don't be kidding yourselves all ye scousers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

i think it will be a race for 4th place between liverpool and Newcastle. As a united supporter i think they have a good team but it will be hard to choose who will get the last cl place.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

As a Dagenham and Redbridge supporter I think Liverpool are the best in the league but are just under performing.

However as a Shamrock Rovers supporter I think they are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Igor Biscan! hahahahahahahaha.... no seriously.... hahahahaaa.. 4th place! had me going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Pretty soon (4 seasons or less), Liverpool will be like Ipswich and Notts Forest are now. HAS BEENS!

Advertisement