Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power city dvd players

• 01-01-2004 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Power city are selling region free dvd players for €70. Im no expert but for region free that sounds sweet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

sounds it but can u name the model so we can see the specs.

€100 nowadays will get you a a Black Diamond with VCD and DIVX playback along with mutiregion. Thats a good package IMO . If it was €70 for an Alba I'd be tempted to laugh ,

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

sorry i dont know the mode, i just saw it in an ad in a paper yesterday. I know its a mitsubishi though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Muck

€100 nowadays will get you a a Black Diamond with VCD and DIVX playback along with mutiregion.

Where can you get that Muck ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I thought only Kiss players supported DivX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Sorry I'm confusing my standards there it plays MP3 or MPEG from CDR (the previous models barfed at CD-R disks ....something to do with the bluey greeny colour I suspect. Here is what it actualy does! .

http://www.mitsubishi.ie/black_vcr_dvd.asp?menu=28&submenu=41

Silver Slimline DVD Player
    DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD Playback
    MP3 Audio/JPEG/MPEG playback
    PAL/NTSC Playback
    BD Multi Function
    Multi Language User Friendly OSD
    Full Euro Scart Connector
    Dolby Digital, DTYS Digital Out Support
    16:9 Widescreen, 4:3 Letterbox Aspect Ratio Support
    Only 48mm in height

This is Widely available at €100 or so in Ireland. While these can be got cheaper elsewhere, as can similar machinesm I suggest you remember the cost of shipping it back if it is faulty while under warranty.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I thought only Kiss players supported DivX?

Yamada do a great divx compatible dvd player , check it out on Amazon here.

carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

Just go my Yamada delivered yesterday - what a player...i updated the firmware and it played everything i throwed at it!! DVD-, DVD+, VCD, SVCD, DIVX, XVID, JPEG .... the list goes on!!

Go get one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Originally posted by Muck
    Sorry I'm confusing my standards there it plays MP3 or MPEG from CDR (the previous models barfed at CD-R disks ....something to do with the bluey greeny colour I suspect. Here is what it actualy does! .

http://www.mitsubishi.ie/black_vcr_dvd.asp?menu=28&submenu=41

Silver Slimline DVD Player
    DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD Playback
    MP3 Audio/JPEG/MPEG playback
    PAL/NTSC Playback
    BD Multi Function
    Multi Language User Friendly OSD
    Full Euro Scart Connector
    Dolby Digital, DTYS Digital Out Support
    16:9 Widescreen, 4:3 Letterbox Aspect Ratio Support
    Only 48mm in height

This is Widely available at €100 or so in Ireland. While these can be got cheaper elsewhere, as can similar machinesm I suggest you remember the cost of shipping it back if it is faulty while under warranty.

M

This is the one powercity have for €70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Does that play region 1 and 4?
    I was in Power City about a week and a half ago and they had a multi region dvd player for €69.Is this the one? I don't remember it being a mitsubishi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's the Mitsubishi Black Diamond BD48DVD. I've had its predecessor, the BD24DVD for about a year now and can't fault it. Great little player. Has scart, stereo out, coax out and optical out on it. Region-free. Plays standard CD, mp3 CD, VCD, SVCD, pretty much everything.
    This newer one does JPEG CDs as well, ie a CD full of JPEGs, you can scroll through them.
    You can't fault it at that price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement