Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

See an '04 reg yet?

Options
  • 01-01-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

As per subject,

I saw a new VW Toureag 4x4 04-D-xx at 12:40pm today in Blackrock. That was pure quick. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well if I'd just spent about 60 grand on a Toe-rag I'd be larging it around town too! I'll be surprised if I dont see a 04 plate tomorrow...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

are car dealerships even open today? First week of Jan is when I've always seen a few new reg plates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cars are sometimes pre-registered I belive and then on Jan Ist the dealer meets the owner and lets the car out of his showroom...or something like that! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Lucan rd 5.30 saw 04D1 Could not make out what it was dark Coloured maybe a Volvo. Thought the Lord Mayor of Dublin as this reg assigned to Him/Her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

The car is a Renault Vel Satis - the first time in many years that the Dublin Lord Mayoral car is not a Volvo !

And Yes, the Lord Mayor is assigned the first registration number each year i.e. 04-D-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

gonna go looking for a new car tomorrow, might have my very own 04 reg this time next week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

friend of mines picking up her 307CC next week.. can't wait for a spin in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,362 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Silvera
    The car is a Renault Vel Satis - the first time in many years that the Dublin Lord Mayoral car is not a Volvo !

Me wonders - where you got that info Silvera?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

In Cork, the Lord Mayor also gets YYC1, and the car here is invariably a Ford Mondeo, because of the city's long links with Ford - Henry came from near Coachford, and there used to be a huge factory here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

A woman a couple of doors up from me has a 04 Kompressor.
    Beauty! Sky Blue in colour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by zenith
    In Cork, the Lord Mayor also gets YYC1, and the car here is invariably a Ford Mondeo, because of the city's long links with Ford - Henry came from near Coachford, and there used to be a huge factory here.

Did he? That's where I'm from and I've never heard about it ;)

You sure you're not thinking of Ballinascarthy near Clonakilty? His Father or something was from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Just seen one of the new Golfs. God they are ugly.

K-

Originally posted by Gilly2003
    A woman a couple of doors up from me has a 04 Kompressor.
    Beauty!

Which? The car or the bird?

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

Wow. An 04 RN ** Massey Ferguson just went by. Cool or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Massey's are classy, but Zetor's are better. :D:D

I thought the new Golf is not out until the end of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Originally posted by Kell
    Which? The car or the bird?

K-

The car! Definately the car!
    Trust Me!:)

Originally posted by DMC

I thought the new Golf is not out until the end of January?

Could be. This was unregg'd, so it was probably a garage car or something. Definitely a golf though.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Originally posted by flyz
    You sure you're not thinking of Ballinascarthy near Clonakilty? His Father or something was from there?

From somewhere down wesht anyway. Googling only says Kilmalooda Parish. And it was his dad. So that ballses up my detail, but the story about the lord mayor's still true. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

just seen a 04 D Audi TT, in Raheny north dublin. And the driver, what a poser.... nearly as big as me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

unkel,

article in the Indo 19/12/03.
    ......though it didn't include the bit about the Volvo ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement