Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games in the sale!

Options
  • 01-01-2004 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Im heading into the sales , I got around 40 yoyos in my purse after new years , Any cheap games in the sales ? will probly be looking in smyths, game, HMV and Virgin ! heading in 20 mins so quick quick !!!

Tusky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

forgot to say , PC , PS2 , GC or GBA dont mind which

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://play.com/play247.asp?page=jansalegames

just ordered pes3 for the pc

ended up geting neverwinter nights with EXP for 25 euro in xtravision :) nay bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah not bad at all. It was €30 a week ago.
    Do Xtra-Vision have any other decent games offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Yeah not bad at all. It was €30 a week ago.
    Do Xtra-Vision have any other decent games offers?

Dont ya just love xtra-vision sales :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Smyths have 25% of all gamecube games. 10-15% of other games too. Picked up SSX3 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do xtra vision sell pc games?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Smyths have 25% of all gamecube games. 10-15% of other games too. Picked up SSX3 myself.

pity the bray store doesn't have two games i'm after KOTOR and COD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Stephen

One or two. Seems the same with GC games.

Originally posted by Stephen

not xtravision but xtragames , new seperate shops opening up in xtravision stores , quite good selection ,and they do trade ins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Regular xtra-visions sell pc games aswell. Just not as much. And only titles they know will sell e.g. Call of Duty.

I picked my copy of NWN from a normal Xtra-vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

The X-Tra Game shop on the Ninth Lock Road in Clondalkin has a good selection for all platforms.

Got my Gamecube in there the other day. Very happy with the deal. Zelda Pak, Mario Kart DD, two controllers for €149.

Smyths currently have 25% off GC games.

GAME are selling some GC games fairly cheaply at the moment. Got Rebel Strike for €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Game got a pretty good selection Games on Sale, for the Xbox i got Dynasty Warriors 4 for E35 and T.H.U.G for E40 i also saw XIII on sale for the xbox for only E40 in there aswell but i already had that one under the tree. But if u look around there are sum sweet deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got Prince of Persia outta smyths for €31.50 today. All there games have 10% off for the sales and they're already cheaper then GAME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I got PN03 in game today for 21 blips! Bonus!
    They were selling rogue suadron 3 for E28 too..might be tempted to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by The Smircher
    GAME are selling some GC games fairly cheaply at the moment. Got Rebel Strike for €30.
    But not soul calibur 2, its reduced to €30 on ps2 and xbox but is still €60 on cube and even staff discounted to €42 im still being ripped off for wanting to play this on cube.:confused: also XIII not reduced on cube. havent had time to go shopping anywhere else! i get the feeling sometimes game doesnt like GC owners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

...or because GC versions simply haven't sold enough in that chain to subsidise the cost of placing it on sale?

I hate the way all EA games are always the numer one sellers, like look at MOH: Rising Sun for instance, nearly everyone i know got that for xmas because of word of mouth and a huge ad campaign. Then it turns out to be ****e, Feck all levels, graphics that would even be embarassing on a PSone and really really scripted, linear play. But then again why do EA care they make the millions, while only half assing games. Ah well i guess just because Billy Bob down the street says its good everyones gotta get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    I hate the way all EA games are always the numer one sellers, like look at MOH: Rising Sun for instance, nearly everyone i know got that for xmas because of word of mouth and a huge ad campaign. Then it turns out to be ****e, Feck all levels, graphics that would even be embarassing on a PSone and really really scripted, linear play. But then again why do EA care they make the millions, while only half assing games. Ah well i guess just because Billy Bob down the street says its good everyones gotta get it.

very true, but they do have some classics eg the orignal MOH and battlefield1942
    the rest of EA games tend to be rushed yearly updates that are marketed towards people who will buy by word of mouth or Tv ad's

Cr3m0 i agree with you there Allied Assault and BF1942 were deadly games, its just seems that console games are the ones that are effected the most. I just thinks its sad to see ****e games in the top. 10 while other good games deserve recognition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Cr3m0 i agree with you there Allied Assault and BF1942 were deadly games, its just seems that console games are the ones that are effected the most. I just thinks its sad to see ****e games in the top. 10 while other good games deserve recognition.

Technically thats not true, (AFAIK), BF1942 was developed by Dice software, and only published by EA, and Allied Assault was developed by 2015, the guys who made COD. EA publish good games, (Soul calibur 2, BF1942, anyone??) However they make bloody awful ones (MOH:RS). Frankly EA never did much for gaming aside from publishing quality titles, the only good game they ever made that i can recall was Zany golf on the Atari st.
    Sorry, but i really hate EA, i abhor the kid of stranglehold they have on the top 20 charts, and the fact that thier the laziest, hackneyed, developers, yet their games still sell by the truckload because they use big name licences.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They also seem to make a complete mess of any Developers they 'absorb'. They destroyed excellent developers like origin and bullfrog.

Advertisement