Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is up with Max payne 2!!!!

Options
  • 01-01-2004 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Had Max payne on pc and WHAT A GAME!!!
    Bought MP2 on XBOX and the game is soo short,when you finish it the only option is to play it again in a harder difficulty,YIPPEE DOO!!!
    Feel a bit violated!!!
    j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Yeah, it is pretty easy to finish. I liked it though, the physics engine thingy was great, you could just play with boxes and stuff for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is short, but how long could you expect them to keep the story up like come on.

it's a good game but i don't know if they could of kept it going.

i'd rather playing a short amazing game without loads of filler than a game that has 40 hours of game play and left me feeling empty at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

got max payne 2 ( xbox ) of santa and played it through and enjoyed every bit of it but i have to agree , i thought it was very short.

i played the first max payne on xbox also and thought that lasted a bit longer, maybe since it plays the same were already use to the game play and get through it that bit quicker.

great song " late goodbye " in the credits though .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

have you beaten it on new york minute?

now thats fun

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Clover
    Is that song featured only when you finish the game? I only bothered to view the credits now, after I finished the game but noticed then that - on the main menu - there's an option to View Credits. Was that always there?

Nice song also and - yeah - game could've been a tad longer but I enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by ixoy
    after I finished the game but noticed then that - on the main menu - there's an option to View Credits. Was that always there?

yep.

also, whats so great about new york minute? ive heard good things about it, but no real explanation. is it just harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i didnt like it, too simple really. it would have been better if you could have fought as well as shooting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    also, whats so great about new york minute? ive heard good things about it, but no real explanation. is it just harder?

You've to complete the levels as quickly as possible in "New York Minute". You choose the Part and Chapter that you want to play and race through the level. Your fastest time is recorded. You can then try and beat it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

one of the great things about the pc version is the Dead Man Walking thing. choose one of the levels and see how long you can last - bad guys just keep on comin and comin! i didnt see this when i finished it first, but when it was pointed out to me i've been playing it for ages since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Clover
    yeah, i just unpacked that and converted it to mp3 last night:)
    you'll need this to unpack any of the music files.
    (its included with the max payne 2 editing tools btw.)

superb game, hopefully there's more to it than 3 chapters... (i finished the 1st 2 in a couple of hours last night:( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

The greatest thing is if you have a sub-woofer plugged into your PC sound system. The crisp sounds of gunfire and desperate screams of your enemes and the pulsing heartbeat during the game's central bullet time mechanic sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Spike
    one of the great things about the pc version is the Dead Man Walking thing. choose one of the levels and see how long you can last - bad guys just keep on comin and comin! i didnt see this when i finished it first, but when it was pointed out to me i've been playing it for ages since

hmm didnt know that, never really enjoyed new york minute on the first or 2nd one, but might give this a try

completed it a couple of nights ago, its a good game i must admit which was action packed which is always nice, did seem a little short though but to be fair if it was just more of the same while trying to milk the same storyline then i think i would have preferred it the way it was done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Honestly MP2 was great IMO, ive only ever played it on the PC so i cant say what its like on the PS2 or Xbox. Ive been playing it for about a week now and im only just coming to the end of the game now. Its not that short its about as long as the first one,

MP2 keeps you thoroughly engrossed with its storyline and the action scene's are out of this world!! bullet time adds so much more to the game its every gun nuts dream IMO anyway, of course if you sit up for 32 hours striaght and finish the game in 1 night your going to find it way to short thats why i only play a few levels at a time then stop. This is stricly speaking for the PC version of the game im not sure how it plays on the Xbox and PS2 but as spike says the dead man walking difficulity level is really good once you finish the game.

but then again MP2 is prolly one of those games where you'll play it and either immediatly love it or hate it,

Originally posted by AL][EN
    of course if you sit up for 32 hours striaght and finish the game in 1 night your going to find it way to short thats why i only play a few levels at a time then stop.
    eh, i finished it in 2, 4 hour bursts...

hardkore!
    \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm stuck on that sniper bit. Max keeps dying.

i must suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, that said, I just beat it a few minutes ago.

is it worth playing through the game on hard to get the "proper ending"?
    can't be arsed with it at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I dont know, but if there is an alternative ending i dont know how you could just leave it. I have to find out every possible thing about the game if it means finishing it 10 times hehe. Which is why i have spent the best part of my life playing Final Fantasies :(

yeah, i had a look at a faq after i'd finished the game, it mentions the "full ending" that you get upon finishing it on dead on arrival difficulty...
    that means playing through it 3 times...
    (or cheating like a mofo)

i must say though, one thing that annoyed me a bit about this game was the dream parts where you had to use bullet time/right click just to see what was going on as everything was a blur otherwise..

if i wasnt a smoker and had a cigy and waited for the eggtimer to go back up i think i would have gone crazy (which i already was really but the cigy helped..) i know it may have made it a tiny bit more realistic but just didnt really enjoy not knowing what was going on..

the first time it happened i thought my graphics card had went tits up :p (ofcourse i realised afterwards it wasnt..)

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Just turn off the Post-Effects in the options to remove all the blurry ****e during the Bullet Time reloading and dream sequences (If it annoys you THAT much)

Got it for the PC for crimbo and completed it twice in two days.
    Short, snazzy, and good fun yet due to the fact that nearly any and all new games I install HAVE to be RE-INSTALLED everytime I want to have another game (After turning it off) meant that on completeing it over and over again the savegames and unlocked options deletion feature ****ed up the whole thing entirely and now the game wont work at ALL...
    Strange indeed, I wouldn't have minded only for there's talk of an alternate ending...

**** ye anyway, I was half way through the last difficulty.
    Never really found New York Minute that interesting this time around - Was far better in the first one when you only had a minute to get through levels and, should time run out, you blew up. Killing people gave you extra time - That feature was definately more fun.

Anyway, twas a good game.

nah during bullet time was fine rope, it was only the dream sequences where you couldnt see a thing which was a tad annoying which sometimes took a fair while while you dont know where your walking to/from.

i had to use bullet time to be able to see what i was doing, screen was just a big blur

that's weird Chief, i only noticed a slight blurring during the dream sequences.
    a bit disorientating but nothing as serious as you described...

Advertisement