Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Places To Study.

Options
  • 01-01-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I am going back to part time study in January.

Are College Librarys (UCC) ok to sudy in?

I have exams in 3 months & will probably spend the next 3 months with my head in books.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Yeah the Boole Library is fairly ok to study.

Though compared other Irish colleges, I have found the library to be one of UCC's main weak points. Resources really are streched around exam times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HOw many irish colleges have you attended to know this amazing fact?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 legit2

well i know NUI Maynooth's library is also stretched around exam time but i suspect so is every library

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The UCD one resembles a warzone at exam time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Cork
    Are College Librarys (UCC) ok to sudy in?
    They are if you're doing a course at UCC. Otherwise when the place is full you're taking the resource away from someone doing a course there who wants to use the library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i used to get real pissed off with the ucd library especially with people "booking" seats at early hours in the morning and toddling off to the arts block when there lectures came along.

i did however find the physics library in 3rd year which is nice, quite, small and has some books, still though for some serious study i think i prefare to be at home.

data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

HOw many irish colleges have you attended to know this amazing fact?

None for any serious period of time though know plenty of people/friends who are attending other Irish colleges.

Anyway, one only needs to browse the online catalogues of various libraries to see what's available. UCC never seems to have what I need, while others (even ITs) do. BTW they cut a load of periodicals recently. So much for "University of the Year".

Btw nothing has been heard of the PostGrad library for ages. Has it been replaced by the talk of Q+4/Q+5?

Advertisement