Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Skating-Christmas on ice less than half price

• 01-01-2004 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Went to funderland today (€1.50 in) and at the exit they are selling Christmas on ice tickets, buy one get one free! I even got it cheaper since the next one was starting in 15-20 mins. So it cost us €6 each, thats €12 for 2 for those too lazy to count and i believe the actual price is €14.50 per person!
    ALSO Keep your christmas on ice wrist band things and get FREE access to funderland, only saves €1.50 but you can give them to someone else you know who is going!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Where is Christmas on Ice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by BluE-WinG
    Where is Christmas on Ice?

RDS

Cheers, Thats what I thought.

Thats damn cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

I believe it's the same one that was in the IFSC last year, and if it is then it isn't as good as Smithfield.

Ive been to Smithfield twice, was great, Wanted to try the RDS and at that price - its a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Yea very good price, good spotting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

OK for those who have not been to Christmas on ice let me tell you about it. I was at it twice and once at Smithfield this Christmas.

The RDS one is REAL ice unlike the IFSC one last year. Its also a fair bit bigger than smithfield, i think its 1200 m2 or something like that. What i found is this. The ice is slippier than smithfield, so if you are good you can go faster, if not you might fall. Smithfield when i was there had chunks and pot holes but was easier to skate on.

Only downside is RDS has a christmas tree thing in the middle surrounded by fence, so while in smithfield all those who cant skate stay on the edge leaving middle for those who can, in the RDS they are in the middle too as they can hang on. It means you have to dodge loosers who keep falling in front of you.. still its good fun avoiding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I've only been to the Smithfield one, four times before christmas, one of the times I went with two other people in the morning, around 9 am and we got a lesson, there was nobody else on the ice except for us and it was fantastic, also the instructor was great, it cost us €15 each, it would have been €10 each except two people pulled out at the last minute.

I might go check out the RDS one this weekend as well as Funderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

where' s funderland?

Smithfield one is cheaper I think, apart from the special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Originally posted by MrNuked
    where' s funderland?

RDS take it you not a Dub then

• Advertisement
Advertisement