Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things I want in the next film

• 01-01-2004 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

1) Jar Jar must die
    2) Anikan to fight yoda
    3) A fight scene envolving both the emperor and Dooku(not neccissarily against each other)
    4)Pame finnally die after using 2 dummys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

what will probably happen

the jedi temple being blown to bits

the dark force hunters exterminating most of the jedi

the flight of padme to alderaan, under the protection of bail organa

the birth of the twins

the battle between obi-wan and anikin, when anikin is ravaged by molten lava and forced to enter 'the suit'

*all of the above is what i hope to see*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'd be happy so long as ...
    A) The script doesn't suck
    B) There isnt an overdose of special effects (More sabre battles)
    C) Hayden whats his face gets at LEAST one acting class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I'd like to see Yoda go to a blues bar and get drunk, yapping to some wookie about how he's 'had it bad man...' and 'the force just isn't like it used to be', 'kids today' and then 'my baby left me....now i'm a yoda all alone....'

Then he gets thrown out of the bar when he starts talking about how cool the Sidious is, and how his dress sense rocks etc :)

Just in general i'd like to see yoda RELAX! And more saber fighting, and jar jar getting slain in a horrible death which involves many screams of "AAARGH AAARGH MESSA IN SO MUCHA PAINSA!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

Originally posted by jaggeh
    what will probably happen

the jedi temple being blown to bits

the dark force hunters exterminating most of the jedi

the flight of padme to alderaan, under the protection of bail organa

the birth of the twins

the battle between obi-wan and anikin, when anikin is ravaged by molten lava and forced to enter 'the suit'

*all of the above is what i hope to see*

You bástard, that wasnt funny. Use spoilers if you want to do that you príck!!:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Vader
    1) Jar Jar must die

well i think he will cos his appearances have been limited in the second film.

episode 1 - too much of the idiot
    episode 2 - wasn't as much as the first film
    episode 3 - i predict death (and other probaly say the same thing)

• Advertisement

Jar Jar in episode III
    he lives and gets married

What really pisses me off about the 3rd film is the fact that we miss the clone wars !! I think that is really a major part and it could be a movie in itself . we could see a better build up for Anakin. I do know what happens when it comes to Vader but i dont want to say too much other then we wont see much . i am just wondering how all the Jedi die . I hope its not in a big blast or somthing . i would like to see more characteristics from each member of the councel .

Did Lucas really have these 3 prequils in mind when he made the first movie? and are they really planning 2 more movies for after ep 3?

if you remember the press conference after he made Ep2 he mentioned Ep7 and then corrected himself . This has caused lots of Rumers . He could actually make a CLonWar film but i think he might be making a film about Luke setting up the Academy again . as i say this these are all Rumers but i do hope we see more Films after Ep3 .

There is enough material to split ep3 into 2 films. At the end theres like a 20/30 year gap between it and episode 4(what age is luke supposed to be in ep 4) but the senete is only disolved at the start of ep4.

But SW has a good few problems with peoples ages. In ep1 the Queen meets a fúcking 5 year old then in ep2 they are the same age. I wouldnt mind only they say she was elected queen. That rules out a young succession to the trone.
    Yoda is fighting fit in ep3 at the age of like C 880 then dies at the age of 900. Surely old age cant creep up that fast.

There really was no need to make your one a queen. The could of said leia was a princess through fosterage or something. ie shes not really a princess but was fostered by a king. Would of made things easier imo.

Still the storyline is good enough. I like the whole there is no good side only 2 bad sides under the one control. Sure brilliance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by Dre as in Dray
    if you remember the press conference after he made Ep2 he mentioned Ep7 and then corrected himself . This has caused lots of Rumers .

AFAIK Mark Hamill was originally contracted for 4 films, but of course that was a long long time ago (no pun intended).
    Originally posted by Vader

but the senete is only disolved at the start of ep4.
    Yeah, am wondering how/if this would be handled.

In ep1 the Queen meets a fúcking 5 year old then in ep2 they are the same age
    I think he was supposed to be around 10ish, and she 16.

Yoda is fighting fit in ep3 at the age of like C 880 then dies at the age of 900. Surely old age cant creep up that fast.
    Living on Dagobah I'm sure didn't do him any favours - the 'ol arthritis in those damp conditions :)

We've already seen the plans to the first Death Star. So I'm wondering are we going to start seeing it built, and if so how the fook did it take them 20 years to build, and the second one (partially built) in what, around a year or two?

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Did Lucas really have these 3 prequils in mind when he made the first movie? and are they really planning 2 more movies for after ep 3?

When Star Wars was originally dreamed up, it was as one big movie, Lucas realised it was to big, and so split it into 6. He then realised this was to much, so decided to start from episode 4, and come back to the others later in life.

Also he has stated on numerous occasions that there will be no more films after episode 3.
    but the senete is only disolved at the start of ep4

This is because the Emporer only feels sure enough in his control of the galaxy to dissolve it at the start of the film, years after his campaign of rule began. He had to discredit it, and make people lose faith in it so they wouldn't argue against it's disbandment first.

More than likely he was using the force to sustain himself for all those years. Although Dagobah has a large amount of organic life, and thus a huge well of force power to draw upon, he was using all his power to do 2 things.

A) Keep himself hidden, and
    B) watch over Luke and Leia

Considering how far away Luke and Leia were, this would have taken huge amounts of force power, and thus, his force fed vitality waned, and he eventually grew to weak, and bye bye Yoda.
    There really was no need to make your one a queen. The could of said leia was a princess through fosterage or something. ie shes not really a princess but was fostered by a king. Would of made things easier imo.

Leia was royalty on Alderaan only through fosterage. She didn't know her mother was a queen, and never finds out to my knowledge. Even if she had, she couldn't claim royalty on Naboo, as it was only a temporary position.

Most likely Amidala was made queen as a plot convenience, after all, the story needed someone to be able to be in the Senate, and thus, Amidala was made a queen.
    We've already seen the plans to the first Death Star. So I'm wondering are we going to start seeing it built, and if so how the fook did it take them 20 years to build, and the second one (partially built) in what, around a year or two?

This is goin against the expanded universe, where the death star was dreamed up by Qwi Xux and Bevel Lemilisk only a few years before episode 1. That particular explanation is much more sensible. and fits better tbh.

/me glares at George Lucas for mucking up the timeline. :confused:

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles

/me glares at George Lucas for mucking up the timeline. :confused:

Well said!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

theres always the possiblity of multiple tv series to bridge the 30 year gap, then by the time the series are over episodes 4-6 will be remade to modern tech special effects.

you really think lucas will leave a cash cow like star wars out to pasture?

i think not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Originally posted by jaggeh
    theres always the possiblity of multiple tv series to bridge the 30 year gap, then by the time the series are over episodes 4-6 will be remade to modern tech special effects.

you really think lucas will leave a cash cow like star wars out to pasture?

i think not

I don't think Star Wars will ever be made into a T.V. series to be honest. It doesn't suit the medium, a cartoon yes, a t.v. series, no. If only for financial reasons, because the effects for lightsabers, ships, planets, alien species, weapons, fights and stuff are to much for a tv budget. Star Trek gets away with it, but Star Trek's aliens are nearly always human+facial blemish, there's no lightsaber like weapons, no superweapons and no superhuman Jedi fights and powers. Maybe i'm wrong, and a tv budget could cover it, but last I heard it can't.

Also, have a little faith in Lucas, I reckon it'll end at 6 films, and he'll put them all on DVD. After all, when DVDs became popular he said he'd never put the original trilogy on them, and only changed his mind due to fan pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

My biggest hope is that the special effects are farmed out to WETA digital.

Or perhaps, just get ILM to do a conference call and ask them how to do it.

Also, if Lucas directs it, it's already ruined. He's terrible. He had some of the coolest ideas back in the 70's...but at least back then he let them be directed by directors.

I know its too late for any of this of course.

Isn't it wonderful to see the original trilogy completely undermined by such bad film making?

'Oh ho ho, you'll be the death of me anakin' - obi wan in ep II.

How crap can you get?

Originally posted by dangerman

'Oh ho ho, you'll be the death of me anakin' - obi wan in ep II.

How crap can you get?
    I know but still.
    When is it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

the dark side will rule

Advertisement