Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lock On Modern Air Combat

Options
  • 02-01-2004 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

What do you think of this game?

I heard its the best ever flight sim. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sparky191

Visually its superb. But it needs a mega PC to get the best from it. It also has a few bugs that need to be fixed with a patch. Its not the best flight sim ever though. The best flight sim ever (military at least) has to be Falcon 4. But its a very hard sim. You can pick it up very cheap but then you need to get all the patches for it. Running close to this is IL2 forgotten battles. Which is brilliant, but has some annoying bugs in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Excelent stuff man. Dont suppose you can recommend me a good flight joystick can you? Cheers man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sparky191

Hard to get a decent one in Ireland theres such a limited range. I think those Cyborg ones seem to be ok. Try to get one that has a thottle and rudder on it. Also stiffer springs. My favorite range is the CH Products one. I used to have one a few years ago but it broke. and I never could justify the cost of buying a new one. I have a cheapo USB Thustmaster one for ages.

Ye there is a fairly limited range alright from what i have seen. Dont know where to go for one...so many **** overpriced ones around Game...

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

I have a logitech wigman extreme, i picked it up in dixsons awhile back for €20, it does the job.

check out this link

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=400102&f=38610606&m=63810009

increases frames by up to 33% and i have everything up full apart from water which is on medium. :D

• Advertisement

Amazing!!!!

What card have you got? Ive a Radeon 9000 pro 128mb. Will this be decent enough? Works on all games out now...

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Ive got a radeon 9800 pro 128mb but a mate of mines got, think its ider 9500/9600 pro.

You should see a slight improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

If anybody is looking for a copy my brother recently purchased a copy for €25 on the sale in xtravision.

Advertisement