Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please!

• 02-01-2004 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Downloaded a file from Kazza (i know i know i shouldnt off) it doesnt work and any time i press on it (just press not run it) the Cpu useage jumps up to 100% untill i close the folder in which the file was downloaded

ALSO i cant f-ing delete the file because "windows xp is useing it" apperently.I ran nortan anti virus which found no virus ....so what the hell is going on!

how the do i get rid of this file ?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Ctrl + Alt + Delete, select any process' that look suspicious and hit ''End process'', repeat until you are able to delete the file.

Also, hit Start -> Run -> type msconfig -> Startup -> uncheck everything (except files you know of - this stops programs from opening when you start your pc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i was looking at the task manager and its Explorer itself that uses 99% of the cpu when i press on this file

seeming i cant close exlorer and still deleate the file ...i dont know what to do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Restart your pc, download Ad-aware or Spybot Search and Destroy - google them both.

Install them, download latest update and hit Search.
    Delete all files that come up (S&D - Fix selected files)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

delete the folder that the file is in that normally works for me when this sort of thing happens.

make sure no other files in there are needed though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cr3 you know i tryed that 2 times.....but i tryed it just once more when you suggested it and IT WORKED! must of been when i shut down explorer and restarted it :dunno:

oh well 401 megs of files gone luckly it was all crap anyway so no lose

Thanks lads ye where great help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement