Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Laptop Infrared Problem

• 02-01-2004 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a Dell Latitude D600 with idra port. Infrared was disabled by default but as soon as I assigned a COM port to it in BIOS, XP picked it up and the Laptop started talking to my mobile phone. I installed a few Nokia phone apps etc, all of which detected the infrared port.

I was messing around with shareware infrared apps (didn't install anything, they all ran from standalone exes) trying to get my infrared port to act as a remote receiver for some odd reason. It didn't work.

Now the infrared port isn't detected by any apps but it appears in the XP device list. I've tried disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS, and assigning diff. ports but nothing works. The OS can see the port but no applications can. Any idea what the problem could be?

Advertisement