Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Refrigerator

Options
  • 02-01-2004 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I suppose it had to happen sometime: LG Electronics has merged a refrigerator with a PC and have given it an LCD touch screen and camera. Pity about the $8,000 price tag.

Check it out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That was done years ago by phillips afaik.

John

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, Samsung have a similar model out, also for $8000.

There was a story on one of them in last month's PC Live.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

There was one on demo in brown thomas in Dublin about two years ago, very cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yeah, I remember that. The time I saw it though I was in stitches. "Internet Fridge as seen on the Late Late Show". There was 2 old dears looking very confused at it. I went over for a look and cracked up when I saw the Screen........BSOD, "Windows has encountered a serious error and needs to shut down etc etc" I wonder does that mean the frezzer will defrost! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I was in a really posh house once in Minnesota. The internet fridge actually had two doors, one into the kitchen and the other was to the front yard! So you could do your shopping on the fridge, which was linked to the local supermarket. I could be wrong, but I thought there was a barcode reader on the fridge too. And when it was delivered (early morning apparantly), the dude from the shop had a key to open the fridge from outside and he could put all the groceries into it!!

How freaky is that! Great idea on one hand, but then imagine its 6am, you need a snack, wander down to the fridge in your nip, open it, and there is the delivery man looking at you from the other side of the strawberry yoghurts.... sometimes they can take these things too far...

• Advertisement
Advertisement