Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

com ports

• 02-01-2004 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hi just looking for more info on com ports how do i assign com ports on xp???
    cheers
    sorry for being so thick hehehe
    themachman:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do.. what are you assigning the COM port to (which doesn't make sense)? and what for?

You can change port numbers, IRQ & I/O settings and lots more (speed/parity etc).. none of which should have to be changed at all in XP... anyway all that can be done from Device Manager (Control Panel->System->Hardware) and selecting the appropriate COM port you want to change settings for.

If you are just trying to use an old serial port peripheral with a new machine then your best bet is to do a google for updated drivers that will pick up the hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

control panel- Phone and modem -modem properties
    you can change the com number in here but watch out for conflict .i.e dont give more than one device the same com number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 themachman2001

thanx for taking the time guys!:D

Advertisement