Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New enterprise to air

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Ok I saw the new episode last night and thought it was good enough. Obviously they are boldly going where no star trek series has gone before with the semi-nudity. I suppose they are trying to change with the times in order to keep the ratings up.

Also it's always interesting the way they try to make the series relevant to the real world in a sort of cheesy patriotic way: i.e. the prominence/necessity of "special forces" to complete the mission.

The beginning of the episode was also a bit silly with the smorgasbord of different aliens all plotting the destruction of earth. It smelt like a bad sci-fi B-movie.

Having said all of the above I will still continue to watch it. I'm hoping some interesting plot lines will develop, besides the predictable ones about needing shielding from the weirdness of the expanse and some of the "baddies" having second thoughts about destroying the human race once they meet the heroic Captain Archer. (just guesses btw)

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah but with the different aliens all being one species it kinda makes sense so its all good. the infaction disagreements between the different sub-species of the xindi seem set to make things interesting also.

Advertisement