Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP - new window for each file

Options
  • 02-01-2004 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Every time I open a new text or java file from windows explorer, a new TextPad window opens. If I select a load of songs for Winamp, a new winamp window opens for each. This is pretty much the case for all programs I am using in XP and it is really annoying!! How do I get XP to use the windows I already have open when opening new files?

Thanks, B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Folder Options >> In the first tab there you should see browse folders make sure open each folder in same window.

for winamp to go options >> Preferences >> General Preferences >> and make sure allow multiple instances is unticked

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks m8, that helps somewhat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Also, in TextPad:

Configure >> Preferences >> Deselect "Allow multiples instances to run"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Also, if it helps, the majority of programs will let you drag and drop. So you can select an mp3 file, drag and drop it onto Winamp, and it'll play. You can do the same with notepad and any text file (in fact you can drag and drop anything onto a notepad window and see it in text form)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

You can also tell winamp not to allow multiple instances, which might help things somewhat too... it's in the Winamp preferences dialog box somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks guys & gals.. Sorted :cool:

Advertisement